Hope you all had a great 4th of July! Our day around here started out pretty uneventful. DH worked at his crazy mother's house installing a shower, I worked around here. We didn't have our kids for the 4th this year since we had them last year so it was just going to be US! The baby was still just a little too small to stay up so late and she is really freaked out by loud noises so we decided to leave her behind, I MEAN, put her to bed :-) and have his crazy mother come over so we could go enjoy a good show.



We decided to try out a place near Rockwell Manor so we know where to take the kids next year. First we tried to break into Rockwell manor with only the temp-lock on still to, ya know, "christen" the place ;-) but our plans were foiled by that damn temp-lock. So instead we went to Woodward Reservoir and before getting there I was picturing like a dam and rocks - NOT the case thank goodness!



We drove in and it was this cute little lake where everyone was swimming, camping, BBQin, just having a good ol time! So we found a little out of the way place to hunker down for the show.


There was a ledge next to where settled in and when I walked over I found that we had a little beach area just for US! Facing pefectly where the fireworks would be...


So I talked DH into bringing our chairs down and we sat with our feet in the rippling water. It was relaxing and cooling since it was like 14,000 degrees outside! We ate dinner (YAY Quiznos!) and had an ice cold beer.


He was pretty good about it all . . . since I did have him move us a couple times, and he hates sand in his toes (CRAZY TALK!), and I took about 738,379 pictures testing out flash/natural light/ISO speeds/etc...


Well, he was PRETTY good about it ;-)


He warmed up to the toes-in-the-water idea pretty quick though, I mean how could this view NOT make you happy?! It was pretty in the daylight, but sunset was awesome.


Plus we were all alone despite being surrounded by folks! We talked, laughed, made out a little, it was a good time :-)


Then the show started and it was pretty good for being a small-town-middle-of-NOWHERE-type place. I started playing with my camera to see if I could get any good shots of the fireworks, their reflections off the water, cause it was REALLY pretty. The shot above was using my night vision function . . . the shot below . . .


I found a setting for "Fireworks"! It caught the action a lot better than I imagined, and I got a couple great shots with the reflection and everything. It was so fun, with the exception of being mocked by the temp-lock, we had a PERFECT time :-D We are totally taking the kids there next year. I think we'll get a better spot though, more area to swim and wade, for $5 a car load - YOU CAN'T BEAT IT!!!!!

TNT!

2 Comments:

  1. Rebecca said...
    Wow! What great shots of the fireworks, I'm so jealous. In fact my puny picture will not even be posted. Everyone knows what they look like anyway and mine aren't special. Actually there were some really cool ones like the ones that sparkled twice and the ones that exploded with a ring around the center that was a different color. Oh, you had those too? Well, could I snag some pics then? I <3 my fugi & all but now I want a fireworks setting even if I'd only use it once a year. Ha, that sounds a little silly. Oh yeah and great location too; pretty beach, toes in the water, no kids - jealous again! Ha! the temporary lock foiled your plans - now we're even, we have the keys to our house so there. :P
    Melanie Faith said...
    Wow, I'm impressed by your fire-work-picture-capturing ability there, missy. :) Sounds like a great day!

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.