I LOVE PROGRESS! Saturday we decided to be quite productive so after dragging 4 kids through 3 grocery stores and getting lunch we came home and decided to pack up a load to take to our new storage! That's a lot to get done before 2:00 in the afternoon on a Saturday :-D So we did just that, came home and got to work! DH started getting out the holiday stuff and stuff on our porch we didn't need and packing it into the truck, while I packed up stuff in the kids' rooms (more on this feat of impossibility on the next Works for Me Wednesday!). After we were packed up we got on our way. We first went to storage to unload, then on to the house!
This is what our house looks like on the outside now as you drive up from the main street! She is mostly painted and stucco'd (?) and looks so pretty! We have grass and only need the rest of our landscaping to be done. DH told me that our cabinets were in and the tile had been done on the counters so I was ITCHING to get in and take a look, so after jimming the temp-lock with a Safeway card we were in!
This is the kitchen as looking in from the bar in the dinning room. I wanted to see what the cabinets looked like in person and I LOVE them. This counter tile is just the standard stuff they put in, THIS is what we'll be putting in. I just can't wait to see it all done! Another reason I REALLY wanted to get in here is that our floor plan is the exact opposite of the model and I wasn't sure what that would feel like. DH has a thing for walking in the door and having the room on the left, he likes that better and I wasn't sure what I thought just yet. We have gotten so used to how the model was set up ya know? See'in's how we've been through it like 50 times, so it was hard to imagine it backwards. So far, I think I like it. I mean, I would have been fine with it the other way, and MAYBE it's just taking me some time to imagine it otherwise, but I don't know, it's just . . . different. Doesn't REALLY matter, just different I guess. ANYWAY...
The kids REALLY enjoyed breaking into, I MEAN, GETTING into the house ;-)
After we got in they went NUTS checking out all the rooms and staking their claims. And I, of course, had to take pictures of everyone in their rooms, DH and I - and Mad and B who will be sharing a room.
After we were all done running through the house declaring territories, we went out on the walking trail. I was SO excited cause I saw 3 (THREE) NORMAL looking chicks out there too! I was all "Look Babe! PEOPLE! And they look . . . normal!" Which, for us, is not the case walking through our 'hood!
I love this trail, have I mentioned that before? :-D The kids do too, they run like crazy people through there! We either play "Red Light, Green Light" or I just give em a nice round number of light polls they are allowed to go ahead of us, like 10 ;-)
We all enjoy that ;-) Towards the end, B comes up to me, holds my hand and says she's gonna walk with me. She asks if she can tell them how many lights to run ahead (cause they usually make like a bread truck and HAUL BUNS) and I asked her how many she thought, she said "10!" I asked "Why so many, they'll be so far away?" To which she replys "I know, that way I have you all to myself longer." - AWWWWWWWWW and how slick! ;-) Nice job lil B.
Ah, the end of the trail. I guess all that running just wore them out . . . nice job lil Mama ;-)
After all that we went to our new fav lil spot for dinner, and we had a great time. Then the melt downs from sheer exhaustion started, and before the kids got upset too we left for home ;-) We got a lot done that day though, and it felt good.
I have been feeling a little, out of place, lately. Like I just don't belong HERE at this place, in THIS lifestyle. And I don't even think I realized it until I knew this new place and new lifestyle were just around the corner. Now it feels like every day that I am here is another day that I just don't feel right. That is part of the reason for my SMART Habits Saturdays, I wanted to start doing SOMETHING that made me feel like I was on the right track. That I am working toward my new life being what I WANT it to be, instead of just WAITING for it to get here, being stagnant. I just hate that feeling. Plus the waiting is getting unbearable! I also know that there is so much work, real WORK, to be done to this place as well as the new one before we can begin this new life. I am really not looking forward to that. I just don't think I was really thinking about what that would entail! The lawn is dead because there are no sprinklers and I am too busy to water it by hand (THERE IS A HUGE AMOUNT OF AREA), it's an old house so there are A LOT of little things that will need to be fixed before we move too. I forgot to mention that we are AGAIN without AIR CONDITIONING. It is supposed to be 106 on Thursday. We are using a swamp cooler, which in some other language actually means "tool of the devil" or "ruins furniture" or "sauna". It feels like I just walked outside in Florida, no I haven't ACTUALLY walked outside in Florida, but I am SURE this is what it feels like. It's just awful, it REALLY REALLY is. I SUPPOSE it's better than 106, but I just know it's ruining my furniture so that sucks.
Anyway, I don't want to end this fun little up beat post on a down note, so . . . go back and read the top again ;-) That's all for today!
TNT!
Labels: My PICTURES, My Venting, Rockwell Manor
I know it's going to be a lot of work to get things ready but at least you are making progress and starting all these new habits to make things a little easier. Plus it will be soooo worth it when you are in your new place.