Rocks In My Dryer has issued a random question MEME to all of her readers and I thought "Well, I am SUPER busy getting ready for Mad's Birthday Party, I should be paying bills, and I wasn't going to blog today, but SURE! I'm positively MADE of time!" So let's jump right in ya'll!
1. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- Hmmmm, cheesecake! Cheesecake is a little bit of heaven I think. OH, it's a tie though with brownie batter - THAT is heaven! I sometimes make brownies JUST for the batter and have to make them in a smaller pan than it calls for because I eat most of the mix *blushes :-D
2. What's the most nerve-racking "close call" you've ever had?
- When I totaled my Dodge Neon. I say "close call" because it could have been A LOT worse. I didn't have any of my kids with me, I was only going 30mph (YES, you CAN total a car at 30mph - probably ONLY a Neon though) and now I ALWAYS wear my seat belt, mostly always, almost :-D I did hit my head though and so now whenever my poor honey is driving and we come up to tail lights I COMPLETELY involuntarily scream out "WATCH OUT! AAAAAHHHHH WE'RE GONNA DIE!!!!!" well, I do scream watch out but the rest is in my head, I attribute that to the head injury that I never reported because I was afraid my insurance would go up :-D That, and sometimes and I even throw my body back and grab at the ceiling while screaming and scare the CRAP out of him, hehe - kinda funny . . . now anyway :-D
3. Name five features your ultimate dream house would have(features that Rockwell Manor does NOT have)...
- An automatic laundry folder/putter awayer, well, besides my poor chore ridden kids...
- A HUGE backyard that was perfectly manicured and had a pool! and a spa! and a playground! and friends! and a pony! Oh wait...yeah, ponies poop and I got enough of THAT to clean up...
- A movie room! I see those in model homes now-a-days and they look so cool! I could just see us watchin movies in there together as a family, with popcorn and candy and it would be marvelous - or so the model home people want you to think - without reminding you that you would have to watch 'family friendly' movies instead of porn, even soft porn, so I guess I would want TWO movie rooms! j/k! . . . mostly ;-)
- A big ol' kitchen with a breakfast nook and a bar and an island and room for a big ass dinning table and a cook!
- A master bedroom retreat! I saw one of these in a model home too and it was AWESOME. It had just a sofa and table but was right in front of a see-through fire place that went into the master - it was beautiful. I imagined sitting there with DH, reading or talking, a glass of wine, perhaps a movie ;-) - and being far enough away from the kids wing of the house that we don't have to ignore the fighting, we can't even HEAR IT! AHHHHHHHHH...heaven.....
4. Who has been the most influential non-relative in your life?
- Ok, it sounds lame, but there was this radio show I listen to in the morning that helped me more than I can even explain. Yeah, it sounds lame to me too. I was going through a VERY tough time with my divorce and this show helped. Not just with the laughter, but the people on there made me think about things I had never thought about before. I got married at 18 the first time, had my first child at 19, so I never took the time to figure out who I was or what I wanted out of life or a husband. They talked about EVERYTHING under the sun, mostly relationships. They made me think about how I felt about everything, things I never even thought to think about! I started thinking about what I wanted out of life; what my passions, good and bad, were; what kind of a man would I want to share my life with; what kind of example to I want to set for my children. Things I had not thought to think at the age of 18. And it actually made me excited! I was excited about learning who I was! I started thinking that even at my age (24 at the time) and with two kids, I could be WHOEVER i wanted to be! I had this power, this power to do whatever I wanted with my life. I can't explain it. It made me see the world in a totally different way. I just came to realize how by taking personal responsiblity for myself and the things that go on around me and how I *chose to deal with them, I could do anything. And then, I met a man who felt the same way and understood EVERYTHING that I just wrote about, and coincidentally, he was a fan of the show ;-) - WOW I bet you still have NO IDEA what that paragraph was about :-D
5. What one non-physical feature would you most like to change about yourself?
- I would LOVE to have more patience with children. Not just my own either, I think the children of the world would benefit IMMENSELY if I had more patience with children :-D
OK! So, there ya go! I guess now I come up with 5 questions of my own...oh the pressure...of questions...FIVE of them...
- If could fix one mistake in your past, what would it be?
- If you could do ANYTHING as a career and make great money doing it, what would it be?
- If you could re-name your kids, what are your dream kid-names? And don't answer some mamby-pamby 'oh-i-love-my-kids-names-cause-they-wouldn't-be-my-kids-if-they-had-different-names' stop.it. Yes they would so just be honest here ;-)
- What is your favorite guilty pleasure?
- Do you like my blog? No, seriously - I have issues - do you? And if you do, would you read more if I blogged more? Like posted more often? And if you read more, what would make you comment? Cause I KNOW there are more than just two of ya readin! NOTE: top right hand corner - 'Number of Lurkers'? - comment already! :-D much love!
Ok, so go MEME already and if you do, please leave me a comment and lemme know cause I wanna see if you like me, if you REALLY like me :-D (yeah, remember the issues I mentioned...)
TNT!
*cheesecake drizzled with brownie mix {I know I already im'd you with this but it sounds too good to not repeat}
*poor thing, scary!
*love the big kitchen & cook idea oh and the master retreat/wing oh and the laundry thing rocks! I'd add floors that clean themselves also
*aw, not me? j/k ;) i need to find the site for the radio show
*pass along some of that patience my way if you find it
Love your blog love to comment! More people should be...