ALWAYS into SOMETHING. That about sums her up. My last two year old, my little Mad. Today is her birthday. I'll have many photos of her party up Friday night or Saturday since we're having the party Friday when all the kids are home. It can be a struggle getting everything to coinside with when we have all our kids (due to co-parenting scheduling issues) but THAT is vent for another day! Today you will be regailed with stories of mayhem and madness aka - pregnancy and birth! YAY! w00t even! It's ok if you choose to leave and come again another day when the topic of discussion is not my neather regions - I'm right behind ya :-D But for now...




This was my cute preggie ass! I actually looked better and gained less weight with this pregnancy that my other two! I was just as uncomfortable though! It was so bad man. Plus I was TERRIFIED of having an even bigger baby than my last, which is USUALLY the case! I was just SURE I was in for a 9+ pounder and I was just NOT havin that! For WEEKS leading up to the end, I talked to my doc and warned him about my past baby-hugeness and that I would like to try and avoid it this time. It seemed like EVERY time I had an ultrasound though they would push my due date back! I had started out being due the first part of July and then they said something like July 15th! I said "oh no!" so I talked to him, EVERY visit, and he eventually said that it would be better, for all of us (i think he meant him too ;-), if we had the baby at the end of June. So he "monitored" the baby's size and the closer we got he kept saying "7 pounder!" I was like 'YES YES! A LITTLE BABY -w00t!!!' HA!




It's cute when you think doc's ALWAYS know what they're talking about, just cause they DID go to school much longer than you and are in debt up to their eye balls and have more patients than they possibly should be allowed, cute. I was just sure towards the end that she was bigger than that! I kept telling people man the doc was just SURE she was only 7 and that maybe we should push the 'end-game' back into July after all - I think I cried. Yeah, I'm pretty sure I did. Then on my visit on June 26th-ish, I BEGGED him to check me and just to make sure this was a tiny baby since one of my original dates was close anyway. So he did and just what I though "OH . . . Hmmm . . . well I guess she's a lot further down than I thought ("DER!" I THOUGHT! "I'm waddling around like a PREGNANT penguin!") Looks like she IS a big baby - already over 8, maybe closing in on 9(!) When would you like to come in and have the baby, cause I think we should get you in soon." - I cried with joy that time! Well, and a little scared too cause D**M IT! I knew she was big! We also had time conflicts with DHs schedule because he had JUST started a job and couldn't take ANY time off! So I had to go in on a Tuesday so I could have her and stay until he could pick us up on Friday and then I'd have him to help for a COUPLE days at least. We were still not living together at this point as he was working on the house we were moving into and we both only had two bedroom places! Wait, where was I going with all that? Um... birth...Two years ago today, after only 12 hours of labor this time(!)...


Well, that's me in the middle, in all my just-givin-birth HOTNESS! It was a helluva day man. HELLUVA DAY. When I called the hospital to tell them I was due to be induced they said "um no, we're full" - Again, I cried. I called back and hour later, and an hour later, and well yeah. The last time I called, they told me to COME ON IN, but they got me confused with a Christin(A) Garcia and before they could figure out they made a mistake I hung up the phone and we hauled preggie ASS to the hospital. I waited until I was logged in and hooked up before making sure they knew who I was ;-) HEY! At that point...it's every miserable preggie for herself!!!!! I have no guilt :-D Things started out ok, but went downhill quickly, as they tend to do. I was on a oxygen for awhile and they kept having to wake me up cause my hear rate would drop too low, that sucked! I wanted to sleep so badly but then I would stop breathing and all so I guess they don't like that ;-) Then same thing happened as did with my lil B, where I was going NOWHERE slowly (4-5cm) and then all of a sudden we are in full PUSH mode and there is NO ONE anywhere! Then the nurse comes in all "oh whatever, you got hours left girl" and I'm all "CHECK ME BITCH" in that satan like voice ya know, and she does and says "DON'T FREAKIN PUSH!" and I'm all "SCREW YOU LADY! SOMEONE BETTER PLAY CATCHER!" Oh and in the midst of said pushing mayhem they forgot to take off the blood pressure cuff and they were yelling at me to push and keep my mask on and yelling at me to focus and I kept trying to tell them to get that damn cuff of and NO ONE was listening! So I yanked free of everyone, yanked the damn thing OFF and threw it across the room! It only hit ONE of the nurses so I was dissappointed, but she did come over and take off the air mask so I counted it as a success :-D




A few pushes later and here she is! My little Mad. All 8lb 8oz of her! Not bad, not as small as I had hoped, but not as big as the last - so another success!!!!




And she was healthy and the most beautiful baby ever! Well, tied for first with two other little baby girls I know ;-D She was so sweet and pretty and perfect and QUIET in the hospital. HA! Boy was I in for it! She is a handful. By far my toughest endevor. Maybe it's because she is FOR SURE the last one, I don't know, I just know she is as stubborn as her dad and I put together and it takes the strength of us BOTH just to handle her sometimes!




On the other hand, she is a cutie! Already trying to fill mom's shoes ;-p She loves her brothers and sisters SO MUCH. And she can really make us laugh and just want to cuddle and hug her like crazy with just a certain turn of her little attitude. I hope to in time teach her how to turn her stubbornness into a good thing in her life, to use to better her life. I know this age is a tough one and I am doing my BEST to keep the peace and sanity for this family that I know is lying beneath the surface SOMEWHERE deep deep DEEP DOWN below. I can't wait to see how she turns out to be, what and who she becomes. Whether she was a suprise baby or not, she WAS meant to be here and has really brought our family together. We all just love and adore her, even if she makes it really REALLY hard sometimes :-D


So Happy 2nd Birthday Mad! I love you! TNT!

2 Comments:

  1. Rebecca said...
    Happy Birthday little Mad! I am excited to hear about all the new things you'll be doing over this next year.

    Chriss, I just love hearing (reading) the recount of your babies making their entrance into this world. You are a great momma & certainly have your hands full. Hope the party is tons of fun & things go smoothly. And hey, maybe she'll even get her own kitty bank courtesy of ccl seeing as how she liked little B's so much. ;)
    Kathleen said...
    Happy Birthday Mad! It's my birthday too but I'm 24!

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.