ConGRADulations to my little B on graduating preschool! OH, it was SOOO CUTE! She has been enrolled this year in the HUGS Preschool program which is a FREE preschool, funded by the smoking tax, and reliant upon parent-required volunteers (isn't that an oximoron? required volunteering? BELIEVE ME, it wasn't voluntary ;-) The program itself, and the teachers, were WONDERFUL! She learned SO MUCH and is so much better prepared now for Kindergarden. The program is for people like me who would LOVE to send their kids to a pre-kindergarden preschool to prepare them for school, but simply can't afford it. We make too much for Head Start, but don't make enough to afford $125-$150 A WEEK for regular preschool. We were so fortunate to get her into the program as it is REALLY popular now. I hope by the time my 2 year old is 4 they will have some out in the boonies where we'll be at that time - but then I would be presented with a problem I have not had to think about in almost 10 years...WHAT DO YOU DO WITH 3 HOURS A DAY - ALONE????? I think that is a problem I can tackle ;-) Anyway - on to the festivities!


This is my preschool grad! Ain't she PEERRRRTYYY! :-D



They had a cute little ceremony where she got a little award and necklace (made of candy - woohoo! ;-)



And then there's us :-D Everyone says she looks just like me :-D :-D





Then they kicked out most of the parents so they could set up for the brunch and take the kids on a tour of the kindergarden classes. Mad and I hung out cause if I left and tried to go home, I would have gotten there just in time to turn right back around as we only had an hour. So instead we went outside and watched the kids play.





Mad quickly became the center of attention and had all the little girls running after her - her entourage ;-) I had put a sweater on her that I guess was too big so she kept running (and running and running) with her arms up in the air! Me and a couple other moms were just rollin'





This is B and her teachers, they were all so great and really just loved her!




This is B and her best little preschool friend Stephanie.




One of the other mom's who runs a photography studio came in one day and did all these formal shots of the kids and the class and we got them in a card from the teacher, free and totally unexpected! They were so nicely done and such a cool suprise.





One year down...SO DAMN MANY MORE TO GO! ;-)


TNT!

4 Comments:

  1. Rebecca said...
    First! :P
    Rebecca said...
    * Congrats little B!
    * Parent-required volunteers - ha!
    * 3 lonely hours a day - think of all the scrapping you could get done, and not just Disney!
    * w00t!
    * Adorable pics & bonus that they were a surprise & a freebie.
    * I <3 the pic of you & her, she really is your little clone - lucky her!
    * I'm glad Mad got to run around.
    * Yay little B!
    Musings of a Housewife said...
    Aww. So cute. Congrats!
    Sherry said...
    Wow, that grad pic is so cute! You can almost imagine her walking down the aisle to get her diploma before heading off to... well, life. I know, I know - don't rush it, right? :)

    And Mad running around with her arms in the air - funny. Fire! Fire! Or some other random disaster...hehe ;)

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.