My Lil B turned 5 on Sunday! It was Father's Day though and she was with her dad that day, so we had our little family birthday celebration on Friday.
We had the moms come over and we all enjoyed pizza together, need to get another chair I think though - or 2!
Then she ripped into the presents! She got a new scrapbook and some coloring stuff, a birthday barbie, a new TinkerBelle toybox for the new house, some clothes, a snow leapord that has her Nana's voice saying "Goodnight Belle, I Love YOU!" - CUTE, and some other stuff. Her favorite present was her new Princess Scooter! She recently lost her tricycle to a terrible driveway accident and learned the valuable lesson of NOT leaving your trike DIRECTLY behind mom's car. The older kids have scooters and I know she wanted one too - OH maybe it was a sly RUSE to leave the trike behind the car! 'Hey, my birthdays comin - i wanna scooter - i have a trike - what if i DIDN'T have a trike - Hmmmmm' - HEHE SMART girl ;-)
Madelyn REALLY liked the money bank she got that Meowed every time you put in a quarter - GUESS WHO THAT CAME FROM! ;-) So DH spent much of the party searching the house for quarters and now Lil B is the wealthiest person in the house - including DH and I.
After present we moved on to cake, and I must say - Duncan Hines outdid themselves this time. THAT WAS SOME GOOOOOD CAKE. I made FunFetti cake with the FunFetti frosting and it was FUNtastic! I didn't even know that still made that but my best friend made it with her kids the other day - and Lil B (and all of us) we're ever so glad! :-D
It just doesn't seem like 5 years ago. It seems like so much longer and at the same time yesterday. I was at my 39 weeks appt. at Kaiser and was in more than just pain and irritation. I had this whole body itch thing going on, and had been for weeks, they couldn't figure it out so I was going in for tests 3 days a week. That's hard to do
GIGANTICALLY pregnant and with a four year old. So I looked, pathetically, at my doc and said "When, dear GOD when, will this baby come?" Expecting to hear the "Oh baby's come when they're ready" speach I heard when my first was 2 weeks late. But instead I heard "Well, I'm working in Labor and Delivery on Monday, how bout then?" I was like "WHA???" Then I said OK, booked it and got the HELL outta there before she realized it would still be 5 days before I was due and change her mind!So the morning of the 17th we hoped in the car and headed out. I was so damn cocky. I told EVERYBODY (*insert cocky voice here) "OH YEAH, this'll be quick. My last baby was only 7 hours induced so this should be NO PROBLEM" - HA! After 15 hours, and family coming and going, and coming again and leaving again. I was started to get a little upset. At around 11pm I resigned myself to the fact that my baby's birthday would not be the 17th - "It didn't sound right anyway" ;-) Then the fireworks started. I went from a 4cm to pushing in 1/2 hour. The couldn't get the doc fast enough. They came in and said "Oh, you were a four last time we checked, you probably still have a few hours to go" - HA! My then-Hubby MADE them check and then she ran to the door and said "Hold on - DON'T PUSH!" but as you know, at that point, there NOTHING you can do about it! Mind you, this was after my epidural had worn off so I was ready for this crap to be OVER! Doc came in and 3 pushes later -
Lil B was born. :-D All 8lb 12oz of her! For me, that's a BIG BABY! So much has happened since then, it's hard to believe it's been 5 years. She is spunky, and stubborn, and funny, and sweet and my Lil B. Happy Birthday Lil B!
Labels: My Family, My PICTURES
2 Comments:
-
- Melanie Faith said...
June 21, 2007 at 9:08 PMyour kids look so much like you--down to the dimples even. :) I enjoyed all your retro pictures and stories. Happy b-day to the special girl!- Rebecca said...
June 27, 2007 at 4:52 PMAw, happy belated birthday little B! You were so cute with your preggy belly & I also consider 8lbs 12oz to be plenty big for a baby. Glad the celebration was fun filled & remember at the new place you'll have 3 extra stools, w00t!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)