SO YAY! They are wed! The wedding was a success as they are husband and wife! w00t! (suckers ;-) Now, my bloggy peeps, this will NOT be a normal post here at the Connection...I have either NO photos, or BAD photos, or kinda lame non-prime-subject photos. I feel bad about that but SO DAMN MANY people were taking pictures that I just didn't throw my hat into the ring. Foolishly believing for some crazy reason (read: ALCOHOL - wait no - read: LACK of ALCOHOL) that all these other people would give me copies of their photos. HA!
It all started June 13th, my Becca's birthday. She flew in from Kennessee the night before and was going to get a van to borrow and come hang out. Things started looking like that wasn't going to happen so I drove out and got her. We got back to my house and had pizza and I made her a lil birthday cake. We did some stuff for the wedding shower and scrapped a little but mostly just hung out and talked and laughed forEVER. GUESS WHAT?! - NO FREAKIN PICS! I DONT KNOW WHY! I suck...
The next day I took her to see my house! We CRAMMED 3 (THREE!) carseats into the back o my tiny civic and made the 45 minute drive. She thought it was cool and agreed with me in that it totaly rules, then we packed those poor kids back into the tiny civic, expecting one door to pop open when the last was closed. And then had the great idea to go to the mall!!!! w00t!!!! We took these poor - HOT - hungry - screamin - tired - whiney 's to the MALL - the kids were out of sorts too ;-) We got something to eat and they did ok, we thought feeding them would be enough of an incentive to keep quiet and in-line - HA! "Just cause you keep us from starvation means NOTHING woman! That's your JOB!" I was just sure I heard Mad say that, though when I asked her she said "fjdkd shjfjdkdk fjkdsljfksl!". We went to only one store. I tried on a few dresses, none of which fit. SHE found all the cute ones I wanted to fit - how's THAT for justice? Then after all three simultaneiously having screaming fits and getting dirty looks from all the skinny childless people, we left. PICS YOU ASK - NOPE! FORGOT AGAIN! I think she has some, but that does me no good right now ;-)
We went home and put the kids to bed, eventually. Then DH came home and before my kiss on his lips was dry we were out the door and runnin! We had MUCH shopping for this shower to do! And since the day was still fresh in our minds, we decided to have a much needed drink FIRST. And since it was my mom's birthday, I called her up and had her meet us down at the BEST PLACE for a Mangotini - Applebees. We hung out and swapped some stories, begrudging limited ourselves to only ONE drink, then left for more shopping. We weren't really even tipsy, but it was still funny as CRAP to tease Becca every time she ran the cart into stuff - which was a lot ;-) PHOTOS HERE YOU ASK?! NO.I.AM.LAME...
Friday was Lil B's Birthday Celebratory dinner - click there for proof that I DO still own a camera. Then Saturday was the shower. The day started at 7:30 AM - when I had to take poor R to the dentist :-( I have a totally irrational fear of the dentist, I admit it. And as I had suspected, it totally transfers to being scared for my kid too. After that I basically ran around for the rest of day, taking either one or two kids, through about 20 stores. FUN. Then I headed out to the shower place for set up. Everything basically went off without a hitch! It was the funnest bridal shower I have ever been to! Thanks mostly to me :-D oh and Rebecca - and that fact that we are FUNNY BITCHES! ;-) Rachelle is pretty shy and on the conservative side (thats putting it mildly ;-) and so to thoroughly embarrass her we started the evening with the only game we had "Count the Condoms!" We filled a pretty vase full of condoms and took it around the room for people to guess how many was in it! Then we made HER count them - it was soooooo funny OH MAN. In the middle there was a preggie test ;-) I think the count came to 35, so that should hopefully last through the honeymoon ;-) We got a nice assortment of condoms too, ribbed for her pleasure, studded for both pleasure, MINT FLAVORED (ewwww), OH AND extended pleasure climax control (it was afterall, his first time too ;-) The rest of the shower was great. The place looked beautiful! and everyone had a great time, even her! PICS?!?! WHERE ARE YOUR PICS WOMAN?! NOT EVEN ONE?!?!? sigh...stop asking will ya?!
Tuesday we got pedicures (w00t!) and Rebecca hung out and scrapped - that was so fun. Wednesday was the Bridal Tea - that was AWESOME. It was up in the foothills in this beautiful spa area. The food was WONDERFUL and the atmosphere was perfect. I love being around other women! Positive, classy, sweet women - it was just wonderful. Oh and the endless supply of coffee, tea and CHOCOLATE was nice too :-D After that Rebecca and I went and got a coffee and talked for awhile. Then I made my 4th round trip drive in a week totaling 12 HOURS of driving just to them and back! DONT ASK FOR PICS! I HAVE NONE! yet...
Then Friday was the rehersal and I HAVE PICS PEOPLE! Far too many probably :-D back to normal!
This was mid-tantrum - it was kinda funny actually...
It was just too cute! Totally by accident the two chocolates on the table were the wedding colors! Dinner was nice, DH and I took every opportunity to take advantage of a nice dinner sans children. It was a little bit of heaven. It's fun being around a couple totally in love when you are totally in love, it just reminds you of how happy you are and how great you have it! I love weddings for that reason. I kept thinking of how happy I am that I found such a wonderful man to share my life and my family with. And we still act and feel like newlyweds - I hope it always feels that way, I think it will. Back to the pics!
After the rehersal dinner we all went different ways but ended up back at the estate to stay the night before the wedding since it was at 10:00am! As our gifts for being at her mercy, I mean in her wedding, Shell got us all matching PJ's! We took TONS of pictures and laughed and had a great time. Then we slept, not well, but I think there were a few winks gotten. We got up at the butt-crack o dawn to get ready. It took a LONG TIME. Shell was great and got us a girl to help with our hair and since I just on Thursday got the WORST hair cut EVER, I was truly grateful. We were still late though, of course, what wedding starts ON TIME? The answer is NONE. Ok so this is where I regressed and went back to taking like NO photos... THIS is the only shot I got of her getting ready...
Her make up/hair person was f**kin amazing! Rachelled looked flawless, and it stayed that way through the wind and the tears and the joy and the fears - or whatever - hair and make up stayed put and perfect throughout the whole day, she truly looked like a princess.
The wedding was great. The ceremony was great and after waiting for pictures that didn't get taken, we went into the reception. It was so beautifully decorated and we got to jump right in and get our food first cause we had more pics to take. So we sat for a bit and talked and then RAN outside to take more pics, after they found the bride, groom and pic lady of course. Then we hurriedly took some pics and were put on notice that after the toast and dances there were MORE pics to take! So we RAN inside for that stuff and it was good. Then we RAN back for the rest of the pics to find that one of the bridesmaids was MIA! We were supposed to be taking the FORMAL shots! After we were able to rangle her and threaten her with all kinds of mayhem, she put back on the dress and got back in line. Only to find that two of us four no longer had our bouquets, and so the other two couldn't use their's! D**M! S**T! F**K! I was using that to hind all KINDS of wrongness! From my pointy-boob seem problems to tummy-bulge yumminess - I NEEDED THAT BOUQUET! But I let it go after only a little begging and pleading, whatever ;-)
And then we were done. And it was done. And we left and got a much needed PeachTini from our fav spot the Blue Frog Brewery. We unwound and went home, that is when my sinus head cold really hit. It attempted to hit me started Thursday, but I said NO! You will not hit me until Saturday...afternoon! And BOY did it. That is why there are no pics of the much needed drinking, there was about as much snot as there was alcohol - and thats just not pretty. I do have ONE pic from the wedding itself though! Until I get more and shamelessly and regretlessly force you all to bear witness to them, this is what you get...
I can hear the internet all at once say "AWWWWWWWWWW" :-D TNT!
Labels: My Friends, My Funnyness, My Love, My PICTURES
3 Comments:
-
- Rebecca said...
June 27, 2007 at 5:03 PMI skimmed through this one {and snagged your photos}, thanks for reading it to me whilst I was stuck waiting at the airport! Great great post, you are so so funny. Oh and no worries about the pics I will be sending you some cd's with photos & until then you can snag my photos as I post them to my blog.- Rebecca said...
June 27, 2007 at 5:03 PMp.s. I know you've got more than what you put up here. Didn't you get more from the pink pajama party? If so e-mail me girl!- Melanie Faith said...
June 27, 2007 at 7:02 PMsounds like ya'll had an awesome time. wish i could have been there! :( you'll have to come back up this way so we can finally meet!