We got up and out in only like an hour, and since that included showering and hair for me, that was good time! We went to Lowe's and Home Depot looking for tile for our house and ended up not finding what we were looking for so we left for the Home Depot in Riverbank where we had seen it before - 45 minutes away. We got there and looked at the tile we THOUGHT we loved and found that it was A LOT different than we remembered. It's Travertine, which we love because it's natural stone, but this stuff was really pitty and had been filled in and looked BAD. So we went ALL THE WAY BACK to a shop by our house that had way better stuff for only $1 more a sf - so we got it.
It's beautiful.
My honey is so great with tile too, he's installing granite dots in the floor so it will coordinate with our kitchen counters. It's going to be amazing, he really is so talented.
We're doing this granite on the kitchen counters
It's funny cause this would normally probably be really expensive but we had the granite for the counters and all the dots left over from this house, he got the travertine for the backsplash for free from his work, and we got a great deal on the floor tile at $4sf. Plus we decided to do the whole downstairs in tile but are doing a carpet inset in the living room so that saved us some square footage. Plus the carpet we tear out of the dinning room we can use later on to replace the inset if we ever need to (which I am SURE with four kids, we'll need to).
With that accomplished we felt good, great even! Felt like we could act like other people and just go do stuff and bring the baby since after all, she's just a baby right? How much trouble can she be?? Bwhahahahaha!
I guess it's that whole amnesia thing, cause I always forget how truly unruly she can be with no nap, well in general too, but ESPECIALLY with no nap. DH needed shoes and had saw a fun place to eat in Livermore (about 1 1/2 hours away) so we just jaugnted on down! She was ok on the way down but we kinda thought she would sleep, not until we were 20 minutes away - of course. So we got to this, I must admit, CUTE place to eat. The whole shopping area looked like an old winery (as seems to be the style in Cali these days - I love it) and he thought it was until he saw the Starbucks sign. I just figured, 'Why not, they have a starbucks EVERYWHERE ELSE'. But it was a regular type shopping center and it had this place that was a restaurant / Bocce Ball court! We walked in and to the right it looks like a nice winery style restaurant and to your left are Bocce ball courts!
Then you walk out on the patio area where we decided to sit they have tables, a bar area, a fountain and MORE Bocce ball courts!
People play and eat or just play or just eat - really fun though. That would totally be a place we went together if we lived ANYWHERE near it :-D
They also have this GREAT drink - Sangria! I HIGHLY recommend it, we BOTH enjoyed it...
As you can see ;-)
So Mad was pretty good, only tried to escape, no screaming though - until just before we left. She started the screaming, throwing herself left and right, people looking at us as though we pinched her under the table just for fun - you know - THAT stuff. So we left. And still thought we could get through the MALL. DH thought that if we just put her on the leash (yes I leash my child and I don't appoligize for it - yet ;-) that she would just run around gaily but stay close and content - BWAHAHAHAHAHA - no. We tried the stoller first and she was ok as long as we kept moving, but he just decided to take her out - for no damn reason! So then she was leashed and ok as long as we walked, but God help us when we stopped to look at something which IS why we were there. HE NEEDED SHOES. So we shopped and we shopped and he tried stuff on and tried stuff on, several stores later he SETTLED for $90 shoes that I now have to take back cause they hurt his wittow feet :-( WAHHHHHHH...whatever. So then we went to Macys so i could try to find stuff I need for the wedding and when I didn't find that stuff I wanted to maybe try on a few dresses for the bridal shower - BUT NO! He had brought her back from the car with ONLY her leash and was walking around in circles while waiting for me. SO eventhough I had TOLD him I wanted to try dresses on, had wanted to do it either alone or first so we made sure it got done, he brought her back with no stroller and now - his back hurt. And if there is one thing my DH does that annoys the CRAP out of me, it's the whinning. I love him more than anything in this world but MY GOD the whinning. Sigh...so when the tantrums started and included much screaming and banging of heads, we left. Mad was upset too ;-)
I tried going to the stores in the ghetto-we-close-at-8-to-prevent-drive-bys Mall here in Stockton but they had nothing. So that was that. I am hoping to find something later in the week. Although this may possibly be the busiest week of my life, with possible exception to next week - F-U-N. Thanks for listening though... :-D
TNT!
Labels: My Drama, My PICTURES, My Venting, My w00t, Rockwell Manor
* I think it's cute how you thought you could get soo much done without any grief just because it was Saturday - good for you for trying!
* Cute restaurant, too bad you don't live closer.
* w00t! for the new tile. I love how you are tying in the granite with the travertine throughout.
* You'll get $$ back on that when you sell. w00t!
* I am looking forward to seeing the new house.
* Shopping with whiny kids/hubby's is no fun.
* You leash your baby?!? J/K :P
* If you call it a harness you don't get so many dirty looks. ;)
**I'll be out there tomorrow!!!**
w00t!