
This is my first entry into the "Works For Me Wednesday" blog thing and for most of you it's Thursday - go me.
I stumbled onto Rocks In My Dryer saw the topic for "Works For Me Wednesday" was 'things for kids to do when they are bugging the CRAP out of you and you have no where to send then as it is now summer vacation and you are STUCK with them', or something like that, and thought I had a pretty good idea to share with the blog-o-sphere, that is if ANYONE gets down to #23,434 where I am (ok, I'm #110 or something but same thing really).
My little idea is to make a bunch of cookies and take them down to your local fire station. Many of the fire stations will arrange tours around little kids and I am SURE they would love the goodies. The kids, especially one's who LOVE trucks, will get a kick out of fire engines. Plus we get a chance to go talk to some cutie firemen! w00t! What more can you ask for?!
I am planning on doing this when we get into our new house as the cutest little fire station is right down the street from us. I figured it would be a fun little bored-out-of-our-MINDS-and-want-an-excuse-to-make-cookies thing to do and get out of the house for a little bit. I would do it now, seein's how the kids are out of school already and are running amok as we speak, but we live in the ghetto and the local fire station is likely either 1) under seige or 2) empty as they have been called out to yet another pesky meth-house fire. So I think we'll wait :-D It should be fun though! If anyone out there does this, lemme know how it turns out and what kinda cookies they like!
TNT!
Labels: My Works For Me Wednesday
2 Comments:
-
- Rebecca said...
June 7, 2007 at 6:35 AMThis is such a great idea. Not only an educational field trip for the kids but an excuse er reason to make cookies. I may try this out over the summer & my kids weren't in school to begin with. Great idea, I'll be looking for you on future WFMW posts!- Ice Cream said...
June 10, 2007 at 4:31 PMToo funny! I love this idea because you kill so many birds with one stone, or one batch of coolies.