And so I wonder...you can get "baby fever" by being around babies and seeing baby pics . . . can you get "wedding fever" the same way?? Cause I think I caught it! Everywhere I look I see WEDDING this and WEDDING that! Bridal showers, wedding planning, wedding pictures, anniversaries, blogs about weddings and anniversaries...how could I avoid it?!

Is it just me, or have others felt this too? Right after the wedding that you have just spent OODLES of time and money getting just right, you see all this other stuff you wish you had thought of? Does that make sense? Right after my wedding they started having all these bride shows on TV and I was like HOOKED! There was no point to it clearly as I had JUST gotten married, but still I watched, and saw SO many many things I wish I had thought of.


I don't mean that my wedding wasn't beautiful or perfect for us, because it was, I guess it's just that you are thinking "ok, this is IT, better get it right! you have only this ONE day, this ONE day to be PERFECT and all about you!" That is a LOT of pressure! Anyway, I have just been thinking about that recently since we are now entering 'wedding season'.



We planned out wedding pretty damn fast. It went from him proposing to me at our company's Christmas party (it really was SO romantic, and fun) to us having our baby and sort of putting the whole wedding thing on hold. We had both been down that road before, both married for 7 years and then both getting divorced. So we were both a little gun shy I think, that and planning a wedding is a HUGE undertaking! Then after our baby was born and we were FINALLY able to move in together, something changed. It wasn't so much about the wedding anymore, it was about us being together, married. I can't explain what it was but we just both realized that we wanted it more than anything else. So, one day we were sitting in a pizza place and I just threw it out there, "What if we just got married. No big huge wedding inviting people we don't really know or care for, who only come for the food, and cost more than they are worth to us?" (*DISCLAIMER: That was true in OUR case, it really was. NOT TRUE for most people I am sure.) "What if we have a nice, but small wedding?" He looks at me with these WIDE eyes and says "I WAS JUST GOING TO SAY THAT EXACT SAME THING" so that was that!



And so it began! We went from "Hey, what if..." to "I do" in 3 months. It took like a month to find a place, and the only day that worked for our situations was like 2 months from then, so we decided to make it work! It flew by! When I went to get my dress and asked me when the wedding was and I replied Nov. 20th, they said 'Oh next year?" I said "Nope, 3 weeks" - it was funny the looks on their faces! I don't know if I could have lasted a whole year! Sure there's more time to plan and all, but with the excitement and anxiousness building up I could barely take the 3 months! It all came together in the end, no wedding EVER happens the exact way you envision, but it was perfect nonetheless. We had just our close friends and family and it was really about "US". My girls really worked hard to make it just what I wanted. It was a Sunday brunch wedding, 10:00(AM!) and they got up all early and ran down setting up the reception room and ceremony site and ran back up with barely enough time to get themselves ready! But they didn't complain or get upset, at least not that I knew ;-) they just made it perfect.



It was at this beautiful 20's style hotel on the river. The ceremony was outside under a gazebo, in the most PERFECT weather November has EVER seen, especially for 10 in the morning! The pictures came out perfect and everyone sat down in the private dinning room to an AWESOME champange brunch. I think the champagne was the only part of the brunch I got! That usually happens, you get so busy talking and greeting that you never get to eat! We were staying at the hotel that night though so we weren't too worried about it.



ANYWAY, it was perfect and now my sweet 'lil sis' is getting married in just over two weeks! She has the most beautiful wedding planned, she is the one on the far left :-D I get to return the favor and be a bridesmaid and I can't wait! The bridal shower is next weekend and BOY do her sister and I have it instore for her! She's a great sport about it though.


Ok, so what is this post really about? Well, I guess it was just an excuse to post wedding pictures! I guess that is part of the wedding fever thing and I don't wanna wait until NOVEMBER to post them for my anniversary so I say "DEAL WITH IT!" :-D I wanna post wedding pics, I'm GONNA! :-D Plus, DH and I are still considered newlyweds (at least according to the Newlywed Game - less than 2 years) so we're allowed to be all ooey gooey in love right? We still act like newlyweds ;-) I say celebrate it! I mean no matter how long you've been married - CELEBRATE IT! So many marriages fail these days, let's celebrate marriage and family and kids and all that crap! Or, it's just an excuse to post a pic of a day when you were the prettiest! GO ON...POST AWAY LADIES (and gentlemen :-D) I wanna see wedding pics! YAY WEDDINGS! And if you do, leave me a comment and tell me so I can come see! Call it a bloggy challenge or MEME or WHATEVER you want! Or just do it cause you wanna and you CAN :o)

YAY FAMILY - TNT!


(Ok, is this post as incohearent as I think it is?? )

3 Comments:

  1. Rebecca said...
    Your wedding was so beautiful! And don't worry, we only griped at the lady running the place. It was so much fun being a part of your wedding day & I'm really looking forward to Shell's.
    Sherry said...
    Ditto to Rebecca's comment! Your wedding was wonderfully intimate and incredibly beautiful, and you're right, the weather couldn't have been more perfect. Wish I could be there for Shell's bridal shower and wedding, too. You will all have so much fun together, and I'm so excited for her - just remember to bring the tissue! ;)

    I'll never forget the eve of your wedding, though: beautifying our bouquets, eating fruit and cheese, listening to your reception music, and watching the drunken wedding party from that other wedding stumble down the hall past our room... in the very cool, very creaky and romantically mysterious motel by the river, with its very own resident WITCH roaming the halls. hehe

    Glad I got to be a part of it all! Love ya!
    Melanie Faith said...
    Lol, you are too funny. I think it's possible and I think it's inevitable. So, post away! It's your blog and we are forced to look at whatever you put up--not that it's a bother... the pix are beautiful! I got to hear about all your wedding planning before and after it happened from Rebecca. It seems that it turned out to be truly amazing. Weddings are fun! (when their yours they are even more so!). I wish we could have such elegant parties over and over with the same person. Don't think the guests would really be into a couple getting "re-married" on a regular basis though. lol Otherwise...
    The bottom pix of the kiddos giving the "thumbs up" made me smile. :)

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.