I really didn't know what to post about today, I only knew that something drew me back time and time again. I have been doing a Menu Planning Monday thing the last few weeks but everything fell apart last week as far as that went. I just don't function well in the extreme heat. I don't wanna

  • cook
  • clean
  • make my bed
  • go out
  • stay in
  • exercise
  • stay still

basically, I don't wanna do anything. It got so bad here on Friday that even with the "swamp cooler" on all.damn.day it was 92 degrees in here, at like 7:00 at night. It was scheduled to be 106-MILLION degrees here so I scheduled us to be somewhere else. I went to my lil sis Rachelle's house for a scrap-tacular time :-D (that means we were scrapbooking - for you non-scrap happy folks). I loaded my three girls up and got the HE** outta here fast. We had fun there and I got two spreads done of my fourth of July pics so YAY ME! Rachelle I think really enjoyed her first time hosting the scrap-tastic event at her apartment. She made cookies and had her new hubby make us dinner. So that was nice. We didn't leave until my DH called and said the temp in the house was no longer the same as the sun.

Saturday I had already planned on getting out of the house too. My friend from way up north was coming into town so I figured we could do SOMETHING. I only had my littlest one this weekend and DH was working on the house so I went and picked her and her daughter up and we went to Woodward Reservoir where we saw the fireworks. It was fun, thought the lake looks a LOT different in the daytime! This place was PACKED. We drove forEVER and found a sad little tree to park our butts under in the searing heat - yeah that's right - F.U.N :-) The water was MURKY and you wondered what the F**K you were stepping in the whole time, but hey, it's water and it's not in "Georgia". It was a pretty good time though. We had fun in the water, the baby almost drown due to her LIFEjacket but hey why would you think to trust a LIFEjacket with your kids LIFE. She was top heavy and everytime she bent down to splash in the water she went down - FACE FIRST! And couldn't hoist herself back up! After like the 5th time she (and I) got kinda pissed ;-) So I blew up her little inflatable raft/boat thingy and she laid back like she was exhausted, it was cute. She was content for a while and we paddled around the little area we had to ourselves. We ended up not leaving until like 8! I had no idea how late it was until I got in the truck to head out. I got home and it was only 84 inside! :-D

So then Sunday I did like nothing. DH worked over yonder on the rental house and I did just about nothin. I started to scrap but only got a page done and got upset that I couldn't finish the facing page. That was pretty much IT. Sigh...

Today I did better though. I got dishes done, 6 loads of laundry done and PUT AWAY (!), packed two boxes, and a post :-D Thing was, I totally had a case of the Mondays :-/ I was just pissy and bitchy and tired and grouchy and SHORT on patience. I don't know what it was exactly, I just seem to get this way on Mondays. I just feel so out of place here. Sigh...I could probably make some of this funny, but I just don't FEEL funny today. DAMN YOU MONDAYS! Anyways, that was today, and Friday and Saturday and Sunday. Just sayin...hope you all had a great (and cool) weekend!

TNT!

1 Comment:

  1. Rebecca said...
    I'm so glad your air conditioner will be fixed soon!! I'm glad you got outta the house Friday & Saturday and enjoyed our time scrapping Sunday until your swamp cooler broke and things went bad. Maybe next time will be better with the ac. 6 loads of laundry done & put away - good for you! Everyday you are getting closer to moving out and not having to deal with the ccl bugging you. And hey, you'll actually be able to screen your calls without her coming to the back door asking why you aren't answering. w00t! Oh and I'm giving you an award so check out my blog ;)

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.