Musings of a Housewife was tagged with this meme, 7 {holiday} things about you, so I decided I would play along! So what if it's like a WEEK later ;-)


1. Hi, my name is Christine, and I'm a holiday addict. HI CHRISTINE. I love holidays. I love just about ALL holidays! I even love the "made up" ones like Valentines day. I love any excuse to decorate/bake/have a party/dive head first into a sugar induced coma. I love all the excitement and anticipation that go into the holidays, it just makes life that much sweeter.

2. Christmas is by far my favorite holiday. People say it's over commercialized and complain about bringing out the decorations too early, but for me honestly, it's almost never early enough! I don't mind seeing Christmas ornaments out in July, it reminds me that even though it's 150* outside, the cooler weather and holidays are just around the corner.

3. I LOVE LOVE LOVE cooking on Thanksgiving. On a normal day if I were to make mashed potatoes they would come out of a lovely box in the pasta aisle with the only directions being "add water and mix". But not on Thanksgiving! Last year I started cooking days before and all day of and loved every second of it. I made everything from scratch and even complicated some that are usually just "open can". And it was FUN! It's interesting the difference drinking wine at noon will make for a gal ;-)

4. My favorite Christmas tradition, besides the kids losing their minds in a sea of wrapping paper, is our traditionaly breakfast, Pilsbury Cinnimon Rolls. It started with my mom always making that for she & I when I was just little. And I have made them every year since I was 18 for my family. The smell of those cinnimon rolls reminds me of Christmas and the fun and excitement of that special morning with my mom, and now with my kids.

5. I am a Christmas music FREAK. I love the channel that devotes it's self to all Christmas music-all the time during December. And I don't just listen to it while decorating or baking. I listen to it while driving and cleaning and cooking and have been known to shake my toosh to some Mariah Carey Christmas.

6. My favorite thing that my husband does for the holidays is that he celebrates my birthday BIGGER than Christmas. I am a Christmas baby, born exactly a week before. Most of the time my birthday would get over shadowed, if not overlooked completely. That's just the way it is though, people have A LOT going on that week so I don't fault them. But the way I knew my DH was meant for me, he made (and still makes) a HUGE deal out of my birthday, and not as much for Christmas. He always makes sure that I know how special I am to him and goes out of his way to make it a big deal for MY DAY. He's the best.

7. I will never go back to turkey on Christmas. My DH made prime rib last year and OH MY, it was the best thing I've ever had on a holiday. In fact, I think we would make it for EVERY holiday if we could! If you haven't had it for your Christmas dinner yet, I highly recommed Bobby Flay's recipe = awesomeness.

Geez, I could have labeld this 7 CHRISTMAS things! Guess I have holly on the brain ;-)

Well I will tag anyone that reads this blog ... since I don't always know who does! So if you play along leave me a comment and let me know! I would love to read it ... and love the comment! ;-)

2 Comments:

  1. Rebecca said...
    Great list! I'll have to make up my own list & play along soon. =]
    ChrissyM said...
    Great post! I used to love to decorate for ALL the holidays but after we lost our baby around christmas it kind of spoiled the mood. We decorated last christmas for the first time since 2004. It's still hard.

    I have an award on my blog for you.

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.