So the last time I posted was about my lovely Black Friday experience, but as I just noticed ... I didn't even talk about Thanksgiving! And since I am a SLIGHT bit OCD lol ... I will probably just end up going back and posting stories and pictures from WAAAAY back when. Lucky you guys ;-)

Ok, so I just went back and realized I haven't REALLY posted since like Nov. 17th! There has been SOOOO much going ON! I blogged about how I had so much coming up like my anniversary, going out of town, professional pics, Thanksgiving & Black friday. And all THAT was beFORE December! Wow, were do I even begin...

I guess I will begin back on Nov. 20th - our 3rd anniversary!
My friend watched Lil Miss and we got outta this house and celebrated the day we 'sealed the deal' by going out for dinner :D It was a lovely little italian restaurant and we requested a table in the back so we could be alone. We got a GREAT bottle of wine and sat for a couple of WONDERFUL kid-FREE hours
It was LOVELY :D

Then a few days later, the week of Thanksgiving actually, we got the chance to get away for 24 WHOLE KID-LESS HOURS!
Now, on the way out of town ... we ran into this ... and for those you who DON'T know ... I am a HUGE LOST fanatic :D

HUGE ... lol - this is a sign in a little town that usually has the town's events ... but today it had ... THE NUMBERS ... DUH DUH DUUUUUUUH! I know ... it freaked me out too ;-)

But then it was on to Murphys! It's this great little town up the mountains that is basically just a main street with shops, restaurants & WINERIES = me :DDDDD lol


Our hotel room was at this little inn RIGHT on the main street, it was SO pretty and relatively inexpensive! There was a down comforter so warm that we could leave the door to the porch open all night and listen to the rain ... it was SOOOO romantical :D

We got there pretty early, so after checking in we went out for lunch at a cute little pizza place.

Then it was time for wine tasting! This cute little place is underground and sooo cute, has great wine too.

OMG we just had the best time, so relaxing.

We wandered around and shopped and found all kinds of cool stuff.

We went into a cute little tea shoppe where I found a tea set and DH found an old tool ... or something ... I guess I missed the intriguing part but he was very excited ;-)

We ... ahem ... continued wine tasting ... and got a little tipsy ;-) so we took a break {since the wineries close at 5} and went back to our hotel.

Later, we went out and had a great dinner with a table by the fire place listening to some live music.

Our Inn looked so pretty in the fog :D

The next morning we got up early and found another beautiful morning :D To me, this was pretty. The air was crisp and just a little misty ... I don't know what it is about this time of year, but I just LOVE this weather


We enjoyed a lovely breakfast a cute little 'local' type place since we were up before the Inn's breakfast lol. Then we headed home and started getting ready for Thanksgiving the next day. It was SO NICE to get away, even if it was only for a day. We enjoy each other so much, and it can be easy to loose sight of that in the day to day hustle and bustle. That's why it's so important to make time for COUPLE time, IMO.

So there's my first 2009 post ... a fraction of what I still have left to post about from 2008! LOL

3 Comments:

  1. Rebecca said...
    What an awesome trip!! Love the cookbook :D OH & I'd say that's a beautiful day, nothing makes me happy like waking up to gray skies. I hope you can get away again soon!
    Heather & Chaos said...
    Okay, I think I know where Murphy's is. My parents live in Sonora which isn't far! How funny! I'm glad you liked the blankets. They were SO easy!!! If you google no-sew fleece blankets, you'll find TONS of how to's. The pillow I found on Jo-An Fabric's website. And that is where I bought most of my fleece. In September they had it for 50% off so I couldn't pass it up! But Wal-Mart has pretty good prices too (just not as good a selection.) Good luck! Easy but time consuming. I think 2 hours each blanket (except the one I made hubby was 3 hours because I made his so long!).
    Veggiemomof2 said...
    I always say, when I'm busy & have stuff to post, I don't have time. When I have time to post, there's nothing going on to write about!

    Great trip! I'm planning something special for our 15th anniversary in Feb.

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.