*SENDS EVERYONE BACK IN TIME*
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE! lol
Ok, I LOVE the holidays. And for me, the holidays start like October 1st. One of my FAVORITE holidays though, is THANKSGIVING! I love being in the warm yummy smelling kitchen all day and drinkin wine at noon!

This was me ... and that look is the look of 'holycrapthefamilyisabouttodecenduponmyhomeWHATwasIthinking?!'

So I set a LOVELY table ... if I DO say so myself! :D

My sweet sweet man made the most AMAZING turkey ...

And posed sweetly for picture #14937555 ... ish

And I made the cranberry apple sauce, gravy, roasted garlic mashed potatoes, corn, balsamic maple carrots, two pumpkin pies & an apple struesel cake :D It was QUITE the spread!

*Not shown here is the blasphemous LOG-O-CRANBERRY that my husband INSISTED on because he hates my cranberry sauce.*
This is HALF a lovely photo of HALF of us at dinner LOL

And here's the other half! LOL

It was a small thing this year. Our older kids were with their other parents this year. It's weird, the older they get, the harder it's becoming to share them.
I used to think it would get easier ... and believe me ... sometimes on Tuesday afternoon at 4:00 (the weekly time the older kids go with the other parents) I admit, I close the door after them and do a little happy dance for ONE night a week of {relative} freedom. But as they get older and become such real little people and leave their personal marks on your life and your family, it's hard when they're gone half the time, half the holidays.
Sometimes it just doesn't feel 'right'. It feels like a huge part of us is missing. We're lucky enough now to have them on the same holiday schedule so we can be a family when we ARE together, but when they're gone it's tough. And getting tougher.
I treasure SO MUCH that we have our Lil Miss all to ourselves though! And now she's getting to the age where we can do special things, have special traditions for just her. I don't want her to think she's getting the short end of the family stick since the other kids get "2 Christmases" {would that be Christmai? lol}
Anyway, enough with my wistfullnesses ... I'm one more post closer to 2009! LOL

2 Comments:

  1. Rebecca said...
    *Great spread!
    *Yay Brandon for posing!
    *Beautiful table setting!

    If you feel the house is too empty at times you could always have another baby....just sayin'. Or borrow someone's kid, that may be easier. ;)
    Veggiemomof2 said...
    Nice table! We had Thanksgiving at Mom's, but I did get compliments on my Christmas table. I go see if I have the pics & post them now.

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.