*I backdated this post because I just felt like it. LOL*

So today was a good day.

I got the kids ready to school and about 5 minutes before we left I thought "HEY! I should go to the DMV and FINALLY order a replacement license today!" and then there was much chaos as I:

  • packed snacks
  • coloring materials
  • looked up directions
  • plotted my course
  • grabbed everything I MIGHT need to get a copy of my license
  • put on something cute in case a picture would be taken
  • grabbed make up to apply just in case
  • snatched my ticket off the fridge to pay since it was due by the 27th and I've had like 2 months to do it
  • get Lil Miss ready to go
  • and FINALLY get out of the house before the girls were late for school.
So I drove the 45 minutes there and went in with very LOW expectations. And a knot in my stomach because I have an irrational fear of people in a faux authority position.

But I was pleasantly surprised! I was in and out in 30 minutes! And I found that they are normal people too, when the lady helping me asked me for my license to prove who I was before she REPLACED MY LOST LICENSE. LOL

The next part was not so good. I had to take my ticket to court and I stood in line for OVER AN HOUR. And I had Lil Miss with me. And there were no chairs. It was DRAMA. But I overcame and left that place only paying $35 which was a LOT less than the lady in front of me who paid $415 for her ticket!

So BOTH of those were DONE and that was AWESOME. Feelin good, I came home kept myself awake by chatting on the phone with my BFF and worked on a gift I needed to finish.

After picking up the girls I had a few minutes before I went shopping with my mom so I finished my gift (YAY!), cleaned up the dinning room table, threw on some clothes and ran out the door.

My mom and I finished ALL of our holiday shopping! Except for stocking stuffers, and stuff for DH, but for the most part I AM DONE! YAYAY! We did a LOT of shopping and I had a LOT left on my lists, and so did she, so I was pretty proud we actually got it all done!

Then we had a little dinner before parting ways and it reminded me of how MUCH I can really get done when I'm not towin Lil Miss along with me ;-)

SO. Now it's all about baking, wrapping, and stockings! And I couldn't be happier about it! !!

1 Comment:

  1. Rebecca said...
    Oh happy day! :D

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.