Some days ... I'm TOTALLY into Christmas.
It's like OMGYAYIT'SCHRISTMAS!!! And I make cider and hot chocolate, listen to Christmas music, wander around with sugar plums dancing through my head, mark stuff off my Christmas to-do list and it's all a winter wonderland!
And then there's the other 6 days of the week ... lol.
I really am trying though. And those Christmasy Days feel SO GOOD that I want them all the time but it drains me. To the point that the next day I'm a blubbering mess in the corner singing "All I Want For Chrithmath Ith My Two Front Teef".
It's a pretty picture, let me tell you.
Yesterday I made the mistake of driving 45 minutes to go to the DMV. Is it just me, or is that where ALL homeless mentally ill people hang out? I'm just wondering.
I also wonder if they have a weight MINIMUM of 300lbs to work there. If so, their job security is intact.
Just sayin.
So I walked in only to hear that their printers were down. I guess they are unable to print numbers the old school way by hand and it was utter chaos. They were all running around like the sky was falling and then the computers were down too. So I got the hell outta there.
I tried to make myself feel better by picking up a few gifts since I was out anyway. Lil Miss was with me of course and had a tear filled melt down when I told her she had to sit in the car the right way. So we were off to a good start. I did get gift for the hubs stocking, so that was good.
Then I went to Target and took back one gift for the Boy and got the one he "REALLY REALLY *HAAAAD* TO HAVE" lol, a movie for Lil Miss, and a few stocking stuffers in the dollar aisle. So I did get a few things done.
Today didn't feel too holidaysy. I went to the gym, then came home and waited to have lunch with a friend. While I waited I knocked out a few scrappy pages for her. Months ago, she gave me all of her scrappy stuff in exchange for me scrapping the last of her non-digital pictures. I hadn't done much of them lately and was feeling kinda bad about it, so in 30 minutes I got TWO PAGES DONE! That was 10 pictures! I was pretty proud of myself for that actually : )
Then I went to her house and we ate deep fried brie. If you've never had it, then you've never lived.
Lil Miss had a great time and was a GREAT kid. It was weird. It's so hit and miss with her. Just when I think I have her figured out ... she's all GOOD n stuff.
And then it's dinner time. And I can't seem to remember her being good today, it's all clouded with the tears she brings me to every dinner time.
Anywho. So it started out a good day ... now, not so much. But ask me again at 8:05 : )
Hope you all are getting WAY more holiday stuff done than me!
Labels: My Holidays
1 Comment:
-
- Rebecca said...
December 11, 2009 at 5:40 AMAw, I understand. It's been hard for me to get in the groove this year too. Not sure if it's because I feel like one of Santa's overworked elves or because we aren't decorating. I just saw that you'll have a rainy day today so give me a call and maybe we can get craftsy & holidaysy together. :)