Why are there days that seem to drag on FOREVER but you get a fair amount done and it feels GREAT! And you think "HEY! I can totally do this! I'm gonna wake up tomorrow and be just as filled with AWESOME as I was today! :D ".
And then you don't. lol. You wake up and think 'there is no WAY it's time to get up already..." and yet there sits the alarm clock, mocking you.
But still you say "OK self, we can still DO THIS. I have a LOT that I can get done today and I can totally find the energy! All I have to do is post on FaceBook that I'm full of energy and have tons of stuff I plan to get done and I'm SURE it will happen! :) "
And then it doesn't. lol. To be fair, it is only noon. But for me and my wacked out internal clock, if I don't get things done by 1 ... fair chance they won't be gettin done. I do get up at 5:30 ... so that may have something to do with it.
Or maybe I'm an 80 year old woman.
I got the kids, came home and had some *quality time* ;-) with the hubs, and then went to the life draining pit of SuperWalmart. I don't know why it felt like I spent a sweet eternity there, but it DID.
That could be because Lil Miss talked from the moment I got her out of the car to the moment I put her back IN the car and said "PLEASE, for the love of Santa and all your presents, give me a moment of quiet! Just one minute where we don't talk ... mmkay?" to which she said "But I like to talk Mommy. Yeah. I do. I wanna talk!"
And so she did. Until I threw some food at her once we got home. It was like a 2+ hour ordeal. And the talking thing isn't news, believe me. I guess I just didn't have the energy for it today.
And don't get me wrong, my heart belongs to SuperWalmart as it has SAVED me more than once these last few months. But WOW. That place just drains the life force, doesn't it?
So we came home, put away the groceries, entered a radio contest for a Christmas Wish (PRAY they grant it you guys...srsly...it would make our Christmas), ate a peanut butter sammich since I skipped breakfast, and now I sit here ... when I should be taking a shower ... but I'll probably take a nap. lol
I'm almost desperate enough to lay on the couch with Lil Miss watching those freak Fresh Beats just to get a wink or two ... almost.
I should shower though. There's a Christmas party tonight :) and I don't think I should myself over there lookin like *this* ... it's not Halloween after all. lol
Ok ... getting desperater ... the Freak Beats are starting to look a little better ... or at least hopefully they'll numb my brain into some kind of mild coma.
Here's hopin ... lol
Happy 21 Days Til Christmas Everyone! Hoping your day is more productive than mine ;-)
Labels: My Holidays, My Randomness
I can tell you one of the BEST days in my life was when I learned taking my son into WalMart was like going to McD playland on a Saturday afternoon. TOO much for the eyes & ears. I am now super careful about doing my shopping in the mornings while he's at school & making sure anything needed gets on the list, or it doesn't get bought until the next school day. Doing without is MUCH better than taking him to Walmart!