So...tired...drove many...many miles...good day...but very tired...no time for...details...only time for list...and talking like...William Shatner...

The first day of school in O-town:

  • Got up at 5:55, looked at the clock and thought "WHY THE @#$% IS THE ALARM SET SO EARLY?" then remembered it was for me...
  • Lil B and Mad didn't eat cause they weren't hungry ona counta it was before DAWN
  • Got out of the house pretty close to on time, an HOUR before school started, took the backroads cause the freeway was CRAP, got to the school in the midst of the worst traffic EVER
  • Didn't get to walk her up to the class cause she would've been late by the time I unloaded the crew, first time I haven't done that since she was a kindygardener
  • Headed to my second home for the breakfast of champions - Starbucks coffee and bagel for me, muffins for the kids
  • While congratulating myself on being the master of my universe, my baby pushed my purse which knocked my coffee, which drenched my 5 year old in scalding hot coffee
  • After the shock and awe of the situation had thoroughly set in I picked up my SCREAMING child and raced to the bathroom, remembered to grab the baby who was also now screaming because I wrenched her away from her muffin
  • Did I mention the place was PACKED? Well it was...
  • Found that child A was now screaming not because she was hurt, but because she was so upset that her brand new, first day of school, perfectly accessorized "outfit" was RUINED!

  • Had to make an emergency run to teh nearest Target to get a new "perfect" outfit and made the mistake of trying stuff on for myself :-(

  • Went to park to sit and fill out paperwork the teacher wanted back TODAY, which was hard with Mad making mad dashes for the street everytime I start spelling out lil B's name for the 4538th time

  • Found papers in her backpack STILL when I got home after school

  • The pre-walk on my house made my damn week. It could not be more perfect! And all the imperfect stuff will be fixed by the final walk next Tuesday :-D

  • Sprinted out the door of my new house to take lil B to school, remembering on the way that I had forgotten to feed her

  • Made her WOLF down a warm PB&J I had prepacked this morning

  • SAW THAT HOE from yesterday and she never made the attempt to appologize and since I was a little afraid she might shank me, I didn't say anything either {YOU NEVER KNOW HOW THOSE CHOLA'S ROLL}

  • Ate lunch with DH at Taco Bell - those 23,975 calories never tasted so ok-ish

  • Drove to a nearby city with a park on the river thinking it would be a little cooler - HA!

  • Hung out about 20 minutes and it was time to go get R from school

  • SHE HAD THE BEST DAY EVER! Made friends, likes her teacher, loves her school, life is GREAT!

  • Took her to the park JUST as Mad fell asleep, I stay in the car with sleeping child and let other child run and run

  • Until it was time to go get the OTHER child from school!

  • Lil B HAD THE BEST DAY EVER! Made friends, likes her teacher and loves her school - best part - NO BULLYing ATTEMPTS MADE! w00t!

  • Take Mad from the stroller and back into the carseat for the 34,586 time today, and that was one time too many

  • SHE DONE LOST HER MIND - started screaming and hollering and BEGGING for juice

  • I only gave in because she hadn't had much in the way of fluids today so we went to Rite-Aid and all got NICE ICE COLD BEVERAGES AND WERE IN HEAVEN

  • Until I had to take it away from her to get it rung up - WHOLY @#$% was she PISSED

  • Drove 10 hours to take children to their dad's house, run an errand, and return home - THANK GOD

  • Made 2 trips to unload the car from today's adventure

  • Made a list of all the CRAP I need for tomorrow when I LEAVE the house at 6:30 for another 10 hour adventure in faux homelessness

  • Ate apple pie and ice cream for dinner as poor DH falls asleep on the couch from pure exhaustion after another 16 hour day at work and then working at his mama's house

  • REALLY enjoyed eating pie for dinner - CAUSE I CAN! w00t!

  • Blogged and tried to keep my eyes open and fingers typing - for your enjoyment folks, I do this for YOU! ;-) No not really, I needed to vent and you all can just LIKE IT! ;-)

Okay...enough...for me...must sleep...and get stuttering problem..........LOOKED at ;-)


TNT!

2 Comments:

  1. Rebecca said...
    Wow! That was a busy day! I'm so glad B was not burnt & both girls had a great first day of school. Yay! for your nearly perfect house. It's getting closer & closer to move in day, or at least install tile days which will be fun in itself. Post pictures of before & afters, and you may want to scrap them too. You know, when you've got some time. Miss our morning talks, hope today goes more smoothly for you!
    Sherry said...
    I'm a little late with the comment, I know, but TGIF!!! :) Oh My Gosh! What a day!

    Possibly only two more weekdays to go after today, right? Hang in there, Chica! You're one tough mama! Another day worthy of your own sitcom...although I'm sure it wasn't too funny at the time...

    Seriously, why does getting to the good stuff in life have to be so darn hard sometimes? Almost to the finish line, though, and won't it be SO GREAT to have those keys in hand? Whew! Start clickin' those heels together and say, "There's No Place Like Home!" Too much Wizard of Oz around here... hehe :)

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.