*BEEP *BEEP *BEEP

We interrupt your regular blog reading for a public service announcement!

On August 20th, 2007 those of you with small children, and a TV, will meet the new face of terrorism - and her name is "Yo Gabba Gabba".

Those of you who are already subjected to anything Nick Jr/Noggin related may have already seen a snippet of what I am refferring to, and if you were like me, did a double (triple) take and said "WTF?" His name is DJ Lance, and he does the Lance Dance and "teaches life lessons to a beat". Do not be fooled! For those of you who have NOT been subjected to this terror in it's mini form between my beloved Blue's Clues and Backyardigans, check this out...



Ok . . . now . . . is it just me? I am just so damn weirded out by the whole thing! Ok, first off, what's with the orange hair man? You're just embarrasing yourself. Second, the "animals" are CREEEEEEPY, or is it just me? Third, and most upsetting, what is UP with that red thing?

Now, be honest here . . . I see a pimpley red one eyed-monster, does that NOT remind you of a certain part of the male anatomy?! Either way, I really don't want that creepy one eyed-monster teaching any "life lessons" to my kids, they will learn THOSE lessons WAY TOO SOON as it is. Perhaps, I am reading WAY too much into kids cartoons these days, but PLEASE? Who thought we needed some orange haired beat boxer who plays with toys and his one eyed-monster to teach our kids "life lessons"?!

*UPDATED*

THIS is the way *I* see it ;-)



So please folks, beware of the new form of parental torture that is infecting your normal cartoon viewing time starting August 20th. And that concludes our EMERGENCY PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT.

*BEEP *BEEP *BEEP

OH, and if anyone out there disagrees or can find something redeeming about this CRAP, 1st reread the one eyed-monster arguement, 2nd PLEASE tell me how you can find this non-offensive! I gotta hear it...

TNT!


2 Comments:

  1. Rebecca said...
    LOL!!!! That is too funny! I have no issues with the orange hair or beat boxing but the "animals" are a little weird, esp the scary one eyed monster! From the short clip the only 'life lesson' I saw was to make nice with a wizard so he can zap you a 10 scoop ice-cream cone. My son has PLENTY of other shows that he likes and most I can tolerate or enjoy so I don't think I need to add *anymore* shows, esp this one. Great PSA!
    Sherry said...
    ummm. I'm at a loss for words...

    interesting...

    Hannah heard the music and headed over to see what I was looking at.

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.