Just one more week:
- until the kids start school! - can I get a w00t! w00t!
- and we pre-walk on our new house! - just a quicky look-and-pick-out-stuff I-want-fixed-but-not-too-picky-cause-HE'S-friends-with-the-superintendant(HAHA!) walk through
- of leisurely mornings with nowhere in particular to be - until the afternoon and kids go ape-s**t and force me out into the searing heat to get the out of the house
- of having kids around to help with the chores any time I need it - yeah, I'm gonna miss that, not the whinning that ensues, but the help I will miss
- until I have to figure out what the H*** to do in the new city until my kids get out of school - One kid goes in at 8, the other at 12, one kid gets out at 2ish, the other at 3:30 and right now I live 45 minutes away = F.U.N
- and I can start attending the mommy meetup groups I signed up for MONTHS ago - course so far, all the times conflict with either getting a kid to or from school!
- and my scheduling goes OUT the window! - HOW do you schedule things like naps when you are out of the house all damn day, and your baby thinks she's too good to sleep in a stroller?
- until I can use my walking trail during the day and not have to drive 45 min to get there! - LOOK OUT SINGLE DIGIT DRESS SIZES, HERE I COME!
- and all my scrappy time is GONE! - Rebecca is gonna SMOKE me on Masterpiece Mondays! I may resign myself to posting old pages, just cause I can ;-)
- until we start living in "MOVING-MODE" and only have plastic utensils and paper plates and eating crappy take-out/fast food cause we have nothing to cook in or time to do it! - LOOK OUT DOUBLE DIGIT DRESS SIZES, I COMIN BACK!
- to get 3 kids school-ready (hair cuts, new shoes, first day outfits, backpacks and supplies) - MAN, kids get expensive around school time! guess that's the price you pay for freedom ;-)
- for kids to get used to going to bed and a decent hour and getting up at the butt-crack of 6:30! - HEY, if *I can do it, THEY can do it! although I will miss my quiet time in the morning with just me and the baby, well I guess I wouldn't call it QUIET time
- until I see my house DONE BABY! - Oh my home sweet home!
- to have whole days devoted to packing - too bad I have no EMPTY BOXES DH!
- until the mad dash to get all of our loan paperwork in order to sign the papers and get our keys as soon as humanly possible - I really hope they don't pull that whole 'we-need-your-great-aunts-Lilly's-W2's-from-1952' or 'get-us-paperwork-you-haven't-seen-in-3-years' type stuff, who am I kidding, I need to get my great aunt Lilly on the phone...
In other news, I went to a baby shower on Saturday and it was so cute. See, ain't we sweeeeet ;-) My lil preggie friend got lots of cute and homemade stuff. She looked so cute with that belly pullin her around everywhere ;-) Then she and her honey came over for dinner and we had a great time. My baby cooked up this new honey bbq recipe he came up with and OOOOH it was GOOOD. My baby can COOK! Although, I don't know if any of you have delt with this but, when your man cooks like WAY better than you, it's hard to WANT to cook cause you feel like they're goin "OOOOH, you call that chicken? That's cute". Even if they don't really SAY that, you KNOW they're thinkin it! :-D
So this post has been pretty abstract hasn't it? Well that's kinda how my brain is working lately so there ya go. Ok, I better get going and read blogs - I MEAN - take care of my SMART Habits or something! :-D
TNT!
Labels: My Randomness, Rockwell Manor
I'm so excited that you are on a one week countdown, it means that you are one week closer to your one week until move in countdown.
Your schedule is going to be nuts with the kids going back to school until you are in the house but I'm sure you will manage. M will learn to nap in the car or stroller {I hope!}. I'm so glad you'll have mommy group stuff to go to and I'm sure the timing will work for at least one of the groups once in a while.
Wish I could be there to help with the packing and unpacking drama of it all but you don't have boxes anyway so I guess I'm not missing out on much. Make sure you call up grocery stores and even places like Pier 1 - they often have boxes they get rid of weekly.
I hope things go smoothly with the final paperwork process for the house, I really think they make it more complicated than it needs to be but that's pretty much everything these days isn't it?
Looks like you had a fun time at the shower & that's a cute picture of you & preggy friend. And I can feel your pain {insecurity?} when it comes to the whole 'hubby cooks better than me' thing. He makes it all look so easy & can whip out something great when I don't see anything to be made. I think we're lucky to have men who can {and are willing} to cook for us and it's more than just calling up a local pizza joint or boiling water for ramen. w00t!