HELLO FROM DATE NIGHT! :-D Yesterday was the anniversary of our first date so we took a leap of faith and called the Crazy Cat Lady over to watch the baby so we could go celebrate. I say "watch the baby" but all she ACTUALLY has to do is sit on my nice comfy furniture and watch my nice comfy cable in my nice comfy air conditioning since the baby is already in bed when we call her. You would think that wouldn't be so terrible, but to hear her talk it's like the worst inconvenience EVER to walk all the way across the lawn to our back door and be all nice and comfy for a couple hours every couple MONTHS, but whatever.




So we got her over there, said bye, or something that sounded more like 'babysinbedleaveheralonewe'llseeyainacouplehours-SEEYA!" and slammed the door. It's just better if we don't give her an opportunity to say anything cause 98.99% of the time it pisses us off and that's what we talk about at dinner. ANYWHO~ so we left for our lil date. Being that it was the anniversary of the beginning and really awesome non-date, we decided to go back to where it all began, Marie Calendars. I know I know, SEXAY! ;-)

It's fun to remember what started the transformation from work-acquaintences to loveofourlivesmarriedwithbabyblendedfamilyofsix. It was a Friday and I was at work, working, and his friend (whom we also worked with) called to tease me that they were taking out the ski boat and what I was missin out on. Then he started talking about how I should get off work early and meet them. It was funny cause I was totally NOT interested in my now DH at the time, like not even a little! But hey man, a boat ride is a boat ride! It sounded like fun, and I didn't have my kids that day so what the hell I said! And I ran and put on my 'good-ass jeans' and high tailed it out there! That ride was awesome. I never really cared much about boats before that but it was so damn much fun! And I started looking at this guy in a MUCH different light! He took off his shirt and was all sexay and drivin that boat all crazy and fast and BOY was it hot! He just looked all, it's hard to describe but, powerful and MANLY and stuff = SUPER hot! Then after the ride we 3 talked about going out for drinks. Then his BFF suddenly said he had to go and we should just go without him. We later thought he did that on purpose so we could go out together alone - and we basically gave him credit for our falling in love and ultimate bliss. Turns out his crazy wife called and gave him a ration of crap and he tucked his tail between his legs and ran home, awwwwww sweet ;-)


So, we end up going to Marie Calendars and sitting at the bar. We talked for over 3 hours and only left cause they closed the place down on us. We talked about everything! It was fun because I saw him in a completely different light, just as a man. He told me later that he did the same thing, and that seeing me in a pair of jeans instead of office attire, REALLY did it for him ;-) THANK YOU good-ass jeans, THANK YOU! ;-)



So this picture was SUPER cute on my tiny camera screen, not so much here. Funny thing was, i was attempting to get a pic of us myself and the bartender came over and offered, takes the pic, then says "Wow, those photo classes really paid off if I do say so myself!" totally serious - hehe um, ok sure :-D



Man, last night was JUST what we needed. We were there for almost 3 hours this time, and again, only left cause they closed down on us. It was so great. We were just talking about stuff, about each other, what we loved about each other, our new place, and the possibility of him going out on his own and becoming a contractor. It makes such a difference in our relationship when we can get out and just be a couple, a man and a woman. Talk about stuff going on with each of us, or just talking about nothing in particular. It reminds me of our first date, when everything we thought we knew about the other one changed.



It was cute, the bartender called us 'love birds' all night and asked if we were there for anything in particular and we gave him the short story (haha, no such luck for you guys!) and so dessert was on him! w00t! w00t for free cheesecake baby! MMMMMMMM...


It was so nice, relaxing and yet invigorating! Just staring into each others eyes and thinking about the first time we sat together in those two seats. Except, as he pointed out, he got to kiss me this time. Hehe, our first date and we were so nervous and excited about each other that he walked me out to my car and we almost fell over each other! We did that 'i'mtotallyintoyoubutsoscaredi'mjustgonnagiveyouanextralongtotallyNOTfriendshugcauseIjustcan'tkissyayet' hug ;-) It was cute :-D So now we always sit at the bar almost everywhere we go. You get way faster service that way for one, and the best reason, you get to be about as close as you can get to each other. It gives you such a sense of intimacy and you can kiss ANY time you get the notion, can't beat that!


Oh, and you're WAY more likely to get your Cosmo made the RIGHT way, and yes there totally is a RIGHT way. Hehe, this one was so good it got it's OWN picture! Oh, and he made it a double and I didn't even noctice! THAT's a good bartender ;-) So I challenge you then next time you go out with your special someone, whether it's tonight or next year, sit at the bar together, see if has the same effect on you! And if it saves your relationship, I TOTALLY accept thank you gifts! ;-)

TNT!


1 Comment:

  1. Rebecca said...
    I'm so glad you guys had a great date night and that ccl was willing to skip her 897168 bath of the day and make the ever so long trek over to your house and make sure nothing burned down while m was sleeping. It's so great to get out without the children and just be a couple and have fun without worrying about kids menus, high chairs, sippy cups or any of the drama. And w00t! w00t! for cheesecake, an extra w00t! for *free* cheesecake. Awesome bartender. By the way, could you tell us the RIGHT way to make a cosmo so I can know for future reference? ;) Oh and super cute pics, I'm sure the blurry one is way cute when it's not so, um, blurry.

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.