One word that would sum up today = DRAMA.
It started out with me getting the kids up and getting myself presentable at the butt crack of noon. Today we had Lil B's kindergarden orientation, in our new town. I knew I would have to take all FOUR kids with me to this thing. So I called my mom yesterday and basically promised her my first born if she would go with me. She got here right on time and flew out the door. I was pretty well put together actually! I remembered the stroller, the snacks, the hella waters, the baby, and my purse! Then about 13 miles away I remember that I, wearing a navy top, black layered shirt and jeans, forgot to grab my CUTE shoes, and was instead sporting pink flip flops - yeah. But whatever.
So 10 hours later we finally get there. HELLA FOLKS man. So we shoved past them all only to be told to shove back the other way into the cafeteria. I sent my mom and the other 3 kids off to play and explore. Lil B and I listened to some guy say some stuff and then it was OFF TO THE CLASS ROOMS! Her teacher is very patient, very nice, and very understanding - so she and I will get along very well! B was a little skittish at times but there were HELLA kids in there so that was understandable. We looked around, played with some toys,took some pics and left to meet my mom and the kids outside the door. I went back in for a minute to ask the teacher something and then all DRAMA broke loose.
My oldest comes barrelling through the door to tell me M (my 8 year old stepson) got punched in the eye!!!!! I got out there and get the story. Appearently, some KID was bullying my lil B! He was pushing her and hitting her and then tried to push her off the playground equip!!!! He was lifting up her foot to push her off when my hero M comes up and yells "HEY! Don't you do that to her! LEAVE HER ALONE!" to which the little bastard says "If I push her and she falls it'll be funny!" to which my hero says "YOU BETTER NOT!" and starts climbing up to help her. So the little shit leaves her to go to M. He says to M, "Hey let's go play over there." M says "No way."
SO THE @#$%ing little BASTARD SAYS "Then you're gonna get what you deserve"
AND PUNCHES HIM IN THE EYE!!!!!!
He's a kindergardener . . . in lil B's class. FUN. I was so FREAKIN PISSED. I come running out and see that the little SHIT and his GHETTO-CHOLA-WANNA-BE-WHITE-GIRL-CAN'T-BE-MORE-THAN-20-WITH-A-5-YEAR-OLD MAMMA and her GHETTO-ASS-CHOLO-THINKS-HE'S-HARD-CORE-CAUSE-HIS-SON-PICKS-ON-LITTLE-GIRLS-LIKE-HE-DOES Boyfriend leaving to get in their car. In their haste to get away before the have to face me like a real woman would, THEY LEFT THEIR 2 YEAR OLD BEHIND. Her man ran on and met her with the car and the whole damn time she was walking away, she was staring me down. She walked all the way throught the parking lot lookin at me behind her. Now, there are two reasons for a staredown like that...
- She felt bad about what her little craphead did to my kids, or;
- SHE WAS STARIN ME DOWN BEGGIN ME TO COME START SOMETHING WITH HER GHETTO MAMMA ASS
For some reason, I think it's number 2. Can't WAIT until I see her tomorrow at school!
So after the tales of woe and heroism we left the little school and I took my mom to see my house. She thought it was great and totally agreed that it was WAY better than where we are now! Not that THAT was EVER in debate. So as we're leaving, I mented to her that there was a cool lil park and fruit market on the other end of town. She says "let's go" so i said "ok" and we did. It was pretty big I'll say. They have every damn kinda dried fruit you can imagine covered in every kinda covering you can think of! oh, and pie :-D I left and started loading the herd into the car when DH called and asked for an apple pie. I went back in and I couldn't help but get a big ol special cookie for my little warriors. I gave lil B one for not letting the bully break her spirit, one for R for helping with the bully situation, and one for M, my lil hero. On the way home as he sat there pondering his braveness he says "I didn't even know I was being brave! I was just protecting my sister" I said, with a little smile on my face, "Sometimes, that's when you're the bravest of all" or something 'afterschool special' sounding like that ;-)
I got home, wished my mom goodbye with 20% more grey hair than she arrived with, and shoved the kids in the house. Then I said hi to DH and R and I left again - this time to the SALON! It was time for her first REAL hair cut! I mean more than just 'take an inch off the bottom and try not to @#$% it up'. I told them to take off some length, give her some layers, and thin it out some. SHE DID AN AMAZING JOB. My baby looks like a little lady! I can't believe what a difference a hair cut can make!
This isn't the best shot to show you the GREATNESS but she loves it, I love it, and all was right with the world again.
So those are my tales of the pre-first day of school MADNESS. They were back to being absolute ANIMALS later on that night of course, but whatever, I chose to remember the moments when they were all knee-deep in cookie and life was good again.
TOMORROW is when the fun starts . . . pray people . . . pray hard . . . for my sanity . . . and pray that I am WRONG about that DRAMA MAMMA and *I* don't come home with a black eye!!! Maybe I should go get some cookies, just in case . . .
TNT!
Labels: My Drama, Rockwell Manor
1 Comment:
-
- Rebecca said...
August 14, 2007 at 5:22 AMGood for M! How sweet to stick up for his little sister. Definitely include what he said to you about it in a scrap layout somewhere - even though you didn't take pictures of the drama going down. :P I'm glad you like B's teacher so much, I'm sure that makes a huge difference. And yay! for your mom coming along to help with the kids - whew! Oh and R's haircut looks too cute. Looking forward to seeing a front shot. Have fun taking the kids to their first day at their new school! Remember your camera! You've only got one left that hasn't started kindergarten. Tear. Want another? I still think you should go for a boy...I know - crazy! but I think it would be fun. Maybe making friends with people with babies will satisfy baby fever, if there is any - just sayin.