Monday morning started off with the Hubs taking the Boy to his mother's house since it was the other parents' turn for 4th of July. So this year, it was just the 3 of us.

After he got home we decided to go out for breakfast. We had the majority of the day ahead of us with NOTHING to do until about 5pm when we were to head to some friends' house for a BBQ.

It was an ODD THING, having a whole day ahead of us, just the 3 of us, and nothing planned! After breakfast we went out and did a little shopping and then headed home to relax before the 4th of July party.

I even took a NAP! It was weird day, y'all lol

Later that afternoon we got all gussied up and ready to celebrate the 4th with some friends :) Lil Miss loved getting all dressed up in her holidaysy stuff :)

I did too :D I made myself a little necklace to make my outfit a little more red white and bluesy! I found the red beads at a thrift store but it was more like a choker so I added some white ribbon to give it a better length. Then I hot glued a flower from Flower Child's birthday party to a little pin and pinned it on :) Easy Peasy festive necklace ;)

We had a GREAT time! We got to hang out and talk to our friends while Lil Miss played with their daughter whom she just loves!

Lil Miss with her friend and her friend's cousin who is SUPER good with the girls! She played with them and kept them {mostly} out of trouble ;)

Then it was time for dessert and fireworks!! I should have taken a picture of the dessert table! They moved two huge tables out to the driveway along with a bunch of chairs. There was coffee and everyone brought a dessert since the dinner was taken care of so we had A BUNCH to choose from!

My friend made these chocolate balls that takes JUST LIKE A TWIX BAR and her sister made the BEST caramel corn I have EVER had! And another friend brought these brownies that had sea salt on top and OH MY WORD ... brownies will never be the same. Since our oven is on strike, I just picked up a cake from the store but I did add some 4th of July type sprinkles ;) My cake had to be festive too! LOL

It was a great holiday and so nice to spend with our friends :) We are all truly blessed to live in America and I'm thankful everyday for the freedoms we have that have been fought so hard for. I'm grateful to all of those who have or do serve, and their families!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.