Our Fourth of July weekend started out a little rough. Saturday started out with my irritation level unusually high by 8 am, and the Hubs was working, so the kids and I headed to the gym. I decided at the very least I was going to have an hour to read and a shower in peace and quiet.

I felt a little better after that so I took them to Target so they could spend some gift cards they'd gotten for their birthdays. It was more or less a painless experience and I even picked up some things for the Boy that I usually forget so all in all the trip went pretty smoothly.

We went home for lunch and some quiet time and had a pretty ok afternoon, which was nice since the morning started out on the rough side.

The hubs made some burgers for dinner and we let the kids stay up a little late so we could do some little fireworks. They sure do LOVE those little poppers!

They played with those while we set off some of the bigger box fireworks.

Sunday we decided to stay close to home. There were a few fireworks shows around our area but we just didn't feel like dealing with crowds, especially since we weren't sure if the Hubs was going to have to work the next day or not.

So we headed out to the pool :)

We played out there for a few hours!

We're so lucky to have a pool in our condos, I just don't know what I would do without it!

After we just about WORE THOSE KIDS OUT we went back home for a late lunch and some quiet/nap time :)

A little later that afternoon we went out for some more fireworks and some dinner.

There was just something about the lazy day that screamed TAQUERIA NIGHT :)

So we enjoyed our chips and salsa, tacos and quesadillas, and went home with our bag filled with fireworks :)

I guess those poppers never get old ;)





UGH these photos aren't the best quality but oh well ;) We sat outside in the balmy summer evening throwing fireworks in the air, listening to families up and down the streets doing the same thing. It was a nice way to end the weekend.

Turns out the Hubs DOES have the 4th off after all so we'll be heading to a BBQ with some friends later! Looks like it's going to be a GREAT holiday!

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!!! May your fireworks be plentiful and your freedom appreciated :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.