A few months ago, a friend and I were talking while on the eliptical about how AMAZING it would be to just get away and go lay on a beach somewhere. Since between us there are 7 kids, that seemed like one of those things that sounded great but would NEVER happen.

Well I decided that it WOULD happen. I would MAKE IT happen. Well Monday it DID happen. The schedules finally worked out and we had a chance to RUN AWAY!

We decided to do just what we said and go lay on a beach somewhere and do NOTHING. And it was just as good as I thought it would be :)

Our first stop on our Momcation getaway to Half Moon Bay was Forever21 in Hayward since ours is still under construction. I found the CUTEST dress there and she scored a bunch of stuff on the clearance rack! It was a TOTAL WIN :D

Then we stopped at Whole Foods! My friend had never been there and it is just the prettiest grocery store ever! I could have taken pictures of just their produce section :) In fact, I should have lol We got some yummy snacks for the beach :)

Then we were ON OUR WAY!

We got checked into our hotel and the relaxing BEGAN! We sat and talked for awhile since it was a little late to hit the beach.

Then we started getting ready for dinner ;)

hehe VACATION BABY :D

We got all dressed up and hit the town! And we were SUPER CUTE ifIdosaysomyself :)

We went to this AWESOME Sushi place for dinner and the food was fantastic!

The beer was pretty good too ;)


We sat and talked and laughed and it was SO nice to be able to do that!

After dinner we went to the local saloon and had a drink or two more ;)

We talked and laughed some more and then headed back to our room where we talked and laughed even more! And then we slept ... and it was glorious :) We slept pretty late, 8am!!! LOL, that's late for us ;)

We had breakfast and coffee at the hotel breakfast room and then spent the rest of the morning relaxing :D We slowly got ready and checked out.

Since it was still on the foggy side, we decided to check out the downtown area. We wandered through some antique stores and bookstores, where we narrowly escaped becoming infected with SARS by the guy working at the front counter who sounded like he was AT DEATH'S DOOR. And then he proceeded to cough ALL OVER this book he was reading and I seriously hoped it was not a book owned by the shop :-/

FINALLY the sun started to peek out so we grabbed a coffee and potty at Starbucks and ran for the beach!

YAYAY!

Oh my word ... it was so beautiful and SO worth the wait!

our view of Half Moon Bay from our blankets :)

And now for the relaxing ...

We set out little spots up, got out our books and snacks and just did nothin :)

:)

The fog started to roll back in but it kept the temps pretty mild. It was warm without being hot, and cool without needing a blanket. Perfect.

We laid out and spent the next 4+ hours taking cat naps ...

reading ...

enjoying the waves ...

and each others company :)

The hours seemed to fly by and yet it felt like we'd been there all day. It was so awesome to just lay there and hear nothing but the waves crashing.

Finally it was time to go. We packed up our stuff and headed back up.

We had SUCH an amazing time and were SO relaxed! It was perfect!

Before leaving town we decided to get dinner at the local brewery. I LOVE this place! The Hubs and I went here the last time we were in town.

The food is AMAZING!

And the drinks aren't bad either ;)

This was just SO much fun! It was so nice to get away and have a little time to just be ME and I'm so glad I got to enjoy that with a great friend too :)

1 Comment:

  1. Mommy Friend ;) said...
    I was messing around the blog world tonight and saw this. I must say, it brought a tear to my eye. I am so sad that our time at the beach is over but, it was glorious and I am so happy that I got to share it with you! Thanks for being such a great friend and inspiration!

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.