Saturday was the beginning of a new era ... I hope.
Teen babysat for my friend and I. She watched the kids so we could run to back to TAGS for their 50% off sale! We had SO much fun looking at all the AWESOME deals without distraction :) Well, we distracted each other plenty, but that's the fun kind of distraction ;)
It's SO much fun shopping with a friend, I forget sometimes. We went back to the house and it was still standing and all inhabitants still had all of their limbs so I call it a win :) and hopefully we'll get to do it again soon!Sunday began with the Hubs going on a full day hike leaving at 4am. I was awake when he left for about 3.5 seconds lol. The girls woke up and we milled around the house for awhile and then the bickering started :-/ Teen was at a friend's birthday party sleep over so I decided the 3 of us should just get out of the house.
It was pretty early and not TOO hot out yet so we went to the park.
My little flower lovers spent much of their time collecting flowers
and making bouquets :)
And of course, there was swinging. There's always swinging, isn't there? ;)
Then they played super heroes! And she was Wonder Woman :)
After the park we went to pick up Teen and make a run to the grocery store. I went without a list but REALLY wanted to make this new recipe I'd found. And since the Hubs was going to be gone until dinner time, it seemed like the PERFECT time ;)
He can be a TAD ... picky ... to put it lightly lol
I remembered everything I needed (WIN!) and went home to throw it all in the crock pot.
It was nice to have dinner DONE and dealt with by lunch time! I rarely use my crockpot (see the above statement of the Hubs pickiness ... it includes all things crock potted) but every time I do, I realize WHY I love it sooooo much. I love having it all done and nothing to worry about for the rest of the night!
So when my friend mentioned wanting to go swimming, we had all the time in the world :)Her daughter and mine are good friends and Flower Child rarely gets to see her friends during the summer (scheduling issues) so they had a GREAT time swimming and playing together :)
And of course, Lil Miss had a GREAT time jumping in the pool ... about eightyeleven times ;)
Then they all lined up to do their favorite jumps
and they did THAT about eleventy hundred MORE times LOL
It was nice to relax and talk to my friend while the kids played and know that the house was pretty clean, dishes were done, and dinner was taken care of! LOVED IT!
And best of all ... dinner was AWESOME! The recipe was SO good and I couldn't find it online so I thought I would share it with you :) It comes from the May 2011 edition of Family Circle.
White Chicken Chili
2lbs boneless skinless chicken
1 large green bell pepper, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 can (14.5 ounces) chicken broth
1.5 cups tomatillo salsa (Salsa verde)
2 cans (15.5 white beans)
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 package of frozen corn, thawed
1/4 cup fresh cilantro *omitted
Tortilla chips
1. Place chicken (rinsed, salted and peppered) in slow cooker and top with chopped bell pep and onion.
2. Blend chicken broth, salsa, and ONE can of beans (drained and rinsed) until smooth.
3. Add blended mixture, cumin and pepper, to slow cooker.
4. Cover and slow cook for 6 hours on HIGH or 8 hours on LOW.
5. Remove chicken and shred/cut up. Add back to slow cooker.
6. Stir corn and last can of beans (drained and rinsed) into slow cooker and allow a few minutes to heat through.
7. Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy awesomeness :)
I hope you love it as much as we all did! Even the Hubs cleaned his bowl! Now THAT is a ringing endorsement ;)
Labels: My Family, My Friends, My PICTURES, My Recipes