My Christmas posts actually start with pics from a birthday party! ;-) Sorta. My friend came down from Eureka to hang out with me and took me out to PARTAAAY - isn't that what the hip kids say these days?

I think we look pretty cute though :-D SHE JUST had a baby though! She looks fantastic! And yes that means we hate her - it's ok :-D j/k


Yeah that was me whilst dancing to some jazzy-bluesy country Beaver type live music - OH - thats because we were at the Battered Beaver - in cause you wondered - Yeah that't the name of the bar. And no they don't mean battered as in covered with deep fried yummies - no they have a picture of a beaver sportin a black eye on the front window.

Only the best for us classy gals.

That was Saturday night. Sunday I spent MOST of the day either bakin or cookin or somethin, I just know it FLEW by and all of a sudden it was time to run to Target the rest of the world for stuff like stocking stuffers and last minute perfect princess matching Christmas dresses :-D Ok, maybe that last one is just me.

But I made it back! Monday morning came all too quickly and we got up VERY early. DH had to run to work for a bit and I had to run and get the girls. We got home and since DH and I HAD to get all of our wrapping done in time for today {Monday - Christmas Eve} the tree/presents/house looked great!

Since we didn't have a TON of money this year I made DH help me wrap EVERYTHING, including their winter jackets ;-) I figured it was just one more thing for them to RIP though, and really isn't that the best part?

This was the scene when I left to go get the kids, everything just WAITING for them!


We got home and the FIRST thing - after asking to open presents - they BEGGED to get into their PRINCESS dressyes :-D This year I did something a little different. Usually I get them matching dresses, but since I waited until the last.possible.moment there were none of course. So I instead I hunted and found a pink and black princess flower petally dress for Terrible Two, a sophisticated-oh-so-grown-up dressy for Princess, and a hip-not-a-little-kid-anymore two piece outfit for the Boss. ALL in black on top, pink on bottom! HOW CUTE IS THAT?! And their dresses could NOT have fit their personalities better! AND they were on clearance!!!!!


Our second order of the day was to put on our ornaments chosen this year.



Terrible had a LITTLE trouble letting go of her beloved Dora. She had been eyeing Dora safely behind some plastic for a week now and when I asked if she could put her on the tree she said "OK :-D" and all was well
Until she decided that Dora was her BFF and they were NOT to be seperated!


So I tried and I tried and I tried and all I got was this lousy picture ;-) Becuase 2 SECONDS later she ripped her right back off.


Now that was very early in the day. We decided to start opening presents around 2 since our moms were coming at 3 and we wanted a LITTLE bit of time just for us. So they hung out and watched A Christmas Story and I slaved away in the kitchen, for like FOUR HOURS! Or it seemed that way anyway :-D I did a little baking but mostly I was getting our Gingerbread Lemon Blackberry Trifle ready :-D


But they sure look like THEY'RE having fun! Terrible Two was so damn cute today! Just as I knew she would be. Seems like the year of the 2 is full of fun as much as it is insanity. One minute you tear up because they hug you for the first time ON THEIR OWN, and the next they're drawing all over the white furniture muttering "OH REALLY? No more cookies you say? Well LETS JUST SEE WHAT I THINK ABOUT THAT!" Or again, that may be just me :-D

Now that was only half of our wonderful day, but I am exhausted and Santa still has to make his appearance, and I still have to clear a spot for him to do so!

So Merry Christmas Everyone! I hope you are able to spend it as filled with love as we are! From our crazy house to yours - MEEEEEEERRY Christmas! :-D



1 Comment:

  1. Rebecca said...
    Ha! you went to the Battered Beaver - lol! We'll have to make a visit when I'm out there sometime ;) It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas Eve. I LOVE the dresses - and Rianna's shoes, squee! SO cute, she's getting so big. Love the ornament pictures. I think you should do a little scrappy album of each of those pictures over the years and give it to them when you give them their ornaments. Then they can know when they got each one when their kids ask about it - omg they will be having kids. Anyways, little scrappy project! Or instead of doing an album you could do like a card catalog of sorts. How sad for Terrible Two, what is she going to think when you put Dora back in the box?? Oh the horror! I can't wait to see/hear more about the rest of your celebrations - like did your moms LOVE the calendars you gave them? How did the trifle turn out? What did everyone think of the prime rib? I hope your tomorrow is just as good as your today, I'm sure you guys will have a great time. Miss ya! Merry Christmas!

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.