Okay, I won't lie {this time ;-)} I didn't post yesterday - I know I know - bad! But I was very busy!

Yesterday started with my journey to the center of the earth, or Tracy, so I was UP and TIRED and CRANKY as my body again betrayed me and I started my . 4 days early again. That also happened to be the day I hosted our weekly playdate at my house. A lot of people have been sick lately so I wasn't really sure who was coming. I had also posted that the playdate would be open to come and go from 9:30 to 3:30 as is customary these days, even though I wouldn't even get home until 8. So it wasn't shaping up to the be the best day.

No one even showed until 11! But I was MORE than fine with it since at 9:30 I was actually still in my jammies, covered in muffin batter, and the baby was running around in her diaper. So we were ALL glad they weren't on time ;-) And SEVERAL people showed up who didn't say they were coming so it ended up being a FULL HOUSE let me tell you! There were 7 moms and 8 kids! It was nuts. And about an hour in I was quietly wondering why in the CRAP I put myself through this as all the conversations revolved around getting teeth and breastfeeding and pregnancy - none of which I can relate to anymore. Maybe it wasnt just the conversations that bothered me, it was the length of time and way they were discussed.

These chicks, or well a couple of them, I think only show up so they have people to tell the same stories to over and over and over again. And they won't let you in! They competely ignore what you said that was related to the conversation and go back to what they were saying - OR - they JUMP into OTHER conversations and turn it to their crazy kid. Sorry, it just bugged me yesterday. Perhaps it was because there are too damn many of us! The kids seemed to stress a bit this time, they seemed to act like i felt. So once a few of them left things seemed to get better. Over all it was a good time I guess.

Then after they left it was time to get ready for our big date! For my birthday my mom asked if the girls could come over and help her decorate her Christmas tree and we could go out ... ALONE! So we got ready WAY fast, drove em down, dropped em off, and went out to dinner :-D For my birthday my mom gave me a gift cert for our favorite place we used to go to all the time. I miss that place. It's dim lit, romantical, has amazing food and great drinks = heaven :-D So we hung out there for a couple hours just talking and kiss a little ;-) Then the live music started and it was nice ... for about 5 minutes. Then it was loud. So it was time to go ;-)

And because my body betrayed me {and I'm not THAT open} this is where the story ends :-D I will post more later though! Today is shaping up to be a much better day! I got to sleep in, have my coffee, and I smell sausage! So thanks for checkin in! Talk to you later!

Let the 'Birthday Weekend' begin! :-D

1 Comment:

  1. Rebecca said...
    Wow that does sound like a crazy time at playgroup! Glad you and dh had a great night out though! Body betrayal stinks big time but it was still time out ALONE - you all are on a roll! w00t!

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.