Well, not really, but I am 30 today so these things aren't far off!
I missed blogging yesterday {bad! I know} but I was SUPER busy baking for my mailing out gifts and getting ready for my mom to come and whisk me away to go shopping for my birthday!
Things started of a little rocky as we got a late start, but I DID get to Walmart to pick up some gifts I ordered online so that was good. I also helped her pick out some stuff for the kids but by the time we were done it was already time to get back! Which turned out to be a blessing because I BARELY made it home.
I get these headaches I call migraines because they sound like migraines, but I am starting to wonder if thats what they truly are. The are similar in that you are extremely sensitive to light and sound, OH and if you don't squash it in time, you puke like CRAZY. The only odd thing is that they start off like a sinus headache. Or in the back of my head at the base of my neck. I thought migraines were centered elsewhere? Well, whatever, point is, IT SUCKS.
I got home and IMMEDIATELY put the baby in bed and laid down, desperate to get rid of my pain and nausea. My mom took Princess out for lunch and to play and to giveme some quiet since ... did I mention my family birthday party was supposed to start at 6! So the house would be the OPPOSITE of quiet with 4 kids and 4 adults up in here.
Well my rest worked and the headache easied and I got to work getting the house picked up. Then DH got home and 'kicked me out!' He had some 'stuff to do' to get ready for the party {which really was just a ruse to give me some time out of the house alone -is he great or what?}. So I called up a girlfriend and she met me down at this Mexican food place for Mojito MONDAY! I didn't have a mojito, I had a cosmo - ok 2, but its fun to say ;-) OH it was great. It was nice just to sit and have a drink {or 2} with her and then race back home for the festivities! The kids were SO excited and the moms were there too. And I was greeted by my sweet hubby by ANOTHER cosmo! He researched my fav places and got their recipes for the PERFECT cosmo and got the stuff to make it for me! He really puts so much thought into my birthdays, I love that about him.
So then we had cake and opened the CUTEST cards from the kids and presents and called it a night! 'And WHERE are you pictures?!' perhaps you are asking?! Well, as many other mothers can tell you, unless YOU get out the camera and YOU start taking pics and YOU ask other people to take them of YOU - YOU are not in any pictures! IF there ARE any! Which I am not because there are not. So I guess my 30th birthday will go unscrapped! A crime I know. But there is still tonight. We are going to TARGET Y'ALL! w00t! ;-) And maybe WingStop! w00t w00t! So we shall see...you know, all I really need is ONE so I can journal the rest of the stories! I will work on that :-D
Ok that's it then, thanks for checking in today and I'll talk to ya tomorrow!
Labels: My Family, My Friends, My Love, My Self
^_^
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO CHRI-ISS,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUUUU!!!!
AND MANY MORE ON CHANNEL... OOPS, TOO OLD FOR SUCH SILLY ---- I MEAN... WAIT, NO, we are NOT old, just VERY MATURE now, right?
;)
Wish I could have been there and taken some candid shots for you. Oh, well, maybe next year? [sigh] Miss ya.