Yeah, that pretty much sums it up ;-) Credit where credit is due ... Clark Griswold, I think is me in another life. I start out the Christmas season with happy thoughts of clean quiet sweet thoughtful GRATEFUL children and family members and the perfect this and perfect that. And then by the time Christmas morning FINALLY gets here I'm ready to "drive you out into the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?" Ok, if you haven't watched that movie within the last week then A) you have no Christmas spirit B) you can NOT be American and C) you have NO IDEA what I just said.
Either way, I forgive you, we can't all be perfect representations of the Christmas spirit :-D {sarcasm there, fyi}
So yeah, after our DELICIOUS dinner was over I was like so ready for bed. We didn't end up eating until 8 {EIGHT} o'clock! WAY TO DAMN LATE. But while DH was trying to get dinner ready he kept getting interupted by kids and toys needing batteries, wire cutters, and exorcisms. I was ... well ... I am SURE I was doing something important, just not EXACTLY sure what ... ahem.
OH YEAH - I was dressing this LOVELY table :-D
So I had all these plans on after dinner making cookies for Santa, getting cute pictures, spreading reigndeer chow on the lawn, taking pics of the kids as they headed off to bed, having them asleep quickly so Santa could bring out their presents and pack their stockings, having a glass of champagne with DH cuddled by the fire and the tree basking in the glow of our love, and then heading off for a long winters nap.
Yeah. That's about when I started waiting for Cousin Eddy to show up on the front lawn.
Dinner was late. Then there was dessert. The kids refused to eat anything except the prime rib - hey at least they have expensive taste - one thing they got from me.
Well being that Santa was surely on his way, they took FOREVER to fall asleep. And since Boss is downstairs and RIGHT in the path of Santa's sleigh {read: close to the garage} we had to wait like an HOUR to get anything done.
And when I say "wait" I mean HE=fall asleep on the couch; ME=blog and mess around with my new video camera :-D
After that I gently woke my sleeping DH {read: kicked and threw things until he groggily fell off the couch} and we lugged 3 bikes and a skateboard into the living room. Then as we were about to drag our sorry butts up to bed I realized Santa still had 6 stockings to fill - ::sigh::
So the champagne/fire/tree thing was replaced by:
Him - "Where the hell are the stockings?"
Me - "Their in the closet I TOLD YOU THAT ALREADY"
Him - "WHICH CLOSET?!"
Me - "THE ONLY @#$%ing CLOSET THEY COULD BE IN"
Him - "Where the hell are we gonna PUT these?"
Me - "Why are you putting nails THERE?"
Him - "THATS WHERE YOU TOLD ME TO PUT THEM"
Me - "NOOOO, I TOLD YOU ON THE OTHER WALL BY THE STAIRS"
Him - "DO YOU WANT ME TO MOVE THEM?!"
Me - "NOT NOW! JUST HURRY UP AND BE QUIET!"
Him - "I AM!"
Me - "SHHHHHHHHHH!"
Him - "ARE YOU DOOOOONE YET?!"
Me - "Yeah. I'll meet you up there"
Him - "Good Night honey I love you"
Me - "yeah, Love you too"
Him - " ... soooooo, you're not in the mood then?"
Me - "SNOOOOOORE"
Hehe, I wish I were kidding, and you are welcome for that glimpse into happily married life :-D And since that turned out to be quite the long post I will save my Christmas Day stories/photos for tomorrow :-D I have a camera to play with, Ipod to play with for my kid, dressers to put together, table and chairs to assemble, laundry, every dish in the house to clean, throw out old dishes cause I hate them and I got new ones SQWEE! and rooms to clean so all the CRAP downstairs can go UPSTAIRS. Oh and kids to feed and entertain of course - fun.
I hope you all had a MERRY CHRISTMAS and a great day with your families and/or friends. Thanks for coming by!
Labels: My Drama, My Family, My Funnyness, My Holidays, My PICTURES
1 Comment:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Playing Santa is tiring work isn't it? I'm debating the what to say about Santa thing, if anything I at least want credit where credit is due. I love the picture of TT on the stairs ready for bed. It's okay that she wasn't in the cookie pic - her bedtime is earlier and I'm sure you'll get her next year. Oh girl, scrapping. Holy cow, more to add to the to do pile. When I come out we'll have to have a scrappy marathon!
Your table looks beautiful and I love the pic with the kids clinking glasses ;) Princess looks SO grown up, omg, just a look in her face. Oh and I laughed at the convo between you & dh. What did he think of you putting it up here for me and all of internet to see?