I don't know what it is about turning 30 but its seems your body just sorta decides it hates you and wants to punish you for your early 20's ...

But anywho :-D The last couple days have been busy! I got MUCH wrapping done, decided to wait to mail out my gifts as they probably wouldn't make it by Christmas anyway, redistributed the goodies I had left - ahem - and finished a gift for the 'MILF Club's' Christmas gift exchange thing. We had to get a gift worth $25 for that fun stealyourstuff game! And I wasn't sure what to get so I got something I would want and would steal - sanity! - in the shape of a Starbucks gift card.

But I wanted to make it better than just a card. SOOOOO...

I perused my local scrappy store for inspiration ... and my first altered paint can was born :-D

Isn't she PERRRRRTTY?! I LOOOOVE IT! I already asked if you can steal your own gift ;-)

DON'T YOU LOOOOVE THE BACK?! It's so freakin cute. And doing it this way saved me SO MUCH work! It's REALLY hard getting the paper around the handles so with these awesome clear cans I like to only go up TO the handle and leave a little showing through, so pretty I think :-D

Other than that the birthday festivities keep on rollin :-D Tuesday night we went to Target - w00t - and then to a lovely mexican place - egh whatever. But the rest of the evening was nice, and I mean how can you not love the excuse "But ... it's my BIRTHDAY!" can't get tired of that ;-)

My husband gave me a little crap about how it seems like I've had a birthday WEEK, to which I said "Some things are just too special for just ONE day" :-D Am I right? Am I right? We also have 'Mother's Day WEEKEND' - falls under the same category if you ask me...

Then last night I got together with a couple gals from the MILF Club and we had drinks and cake and presents and it was AWESOME. Then I get to do it AGAIN this Saturday when one of my friend comes down from Eureka! Oh man, birthday weeks are the BEST! ;-)

Well I still have MUCH to do and only an hour left of my house being a 'kid-free zone'. So thank you for checkin in! And for all the wonderful birthday wishes :-D Even if some of you didn't actually COMMENT >:-/

Until tomorrow!

2 Comments:

  1. Rebecca said...
    I'm so glad you're having a great birthday week! I *guess* it makes up for the fact that I'm not there ;) I LOVE your paint can! I want to try doing a clear one now too! The tie up back is so fun & the ribbon on the handle is just perfect.
    Sherry said...
    Love the paint can - so crafty! And birthday week - sounds awesome to me! I think I'll have to try that next year. :) Say hello to said friend from Eureka for me! Hope you have a fabulous time!

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.