Have you ever had that moment where you quietly wonder if your baby hates you?

I had that moment today, when I finally realized what was going on, THAT was the first thought that came to mind..."Why does my baby hate me? Perhaps she was serious when she told me 'No more peas'."

While sifting through my MANY recipes and compiling a list of things I want to bake for friends and family this year, I looked over my shoulder at my baby. Which I HAD done many times, but since she wasn't in mortal danger I didn't look TOO closely.

Until I saw that look of PURE GUILT or Evil ... jury's still out ... and then she raised her hand ... IT HAD AN INK PEN.

I looked over, as if in slow motion, and let out the scream of 'oMG!THATSA*PEN*WHATDIDYOUDOYOULITTLES**T!' and as I screamed that scream that I am SURE you parents know {or WILL KNOW} my 5 yr old looked over the couch at the calamity and I think they both pooped themselves just a little...


THIS IS MY WHITE DINNING ROOM CHAIR ...


And as I screamed out 'My GOD why?!' I looked to my left and discovered that it was not ONE CHAIR ... OR TWO CHAIRS ... it was THREE ...


That was when I thought to myself, while looking at their terrified expressions, I wonder if she hates me? So what else could I do? I laughed. I laughed that maniacle laughter of the damned - or of a mother who has reached the line where you either laugh or you cry.

So as I ran to grab my oxyclean, and thought to myself "If this works...I am sending in my story to the Oxyclean people and they shall sing it from the mountain tops" - I even contemplated using my video camera to capture the miracle if it worked on the first chair. That's when my inner blogger ran for the camera to take BEFORE pictures ;-)

UNFORTUNATELY I HAVE NO AFTER PICTURES. Oxyclean has betrayed me and we are no longer on speaking terms. I found one, maybe two, possible products that MAY work and I'll be off to the store as soon as the hubs comes home. But even after all this I was laughing it off and saying 'Well at the worst, we'll just recover the chairs I guess, but that SUCKS.'

I needed to do something that made me feel better, made me laugh again, and something that related somehow. I was posting my story on my 'Mommies Message Board' and thought that her sweet angelic picture on there staring at me was MOCKING me somehow - soooooo that is when I opened up my MSPaint {as I am too poor to have anything else ;-)} and got to work.

I think it captures her inner spirit - don't you?

And after I started feeling a little better and thinking that recovering the chairs wouldn't be THAT hard I discovered the ENTIRE ARM OF THE COUCH - ALSO WHITE - COVERED in ink pen. ::SIGH::

That is when someone on my message board wrote - at JUST the right time - "Just remember, she loves you ... she just loves drawing too ;-) "

So that is my story for today, hope you enjoyed it as much as I DID :-D Til Tomorrow...

3 Comments:

  1. Rebecca said...
    Oh wow. Well there are a couple of bright points to this. First is the second and third chairs aren't nearly as bad as the first and you still have one chair that hasn't been defiled. Second is...well like that chick said - she still loves you. I had to hold back bursts of laughter over the "and I think they both pooped themselves just a little..." - only held back because everyone else in these parts is sleeping. That photo (pre MSpaint) is so sweet, angelic & innocent...I hope the horns don't come out too much! And ya know, getting some slip covers for well...anything white, may not be such a bad idea - even if your remedies work. Just may save you some headache in the future. You all are brave brave people to sport such child unfriendly furniture - but it looks GREAT so I can't blame you. Plus microfiber is supposed to be so easy to clean and stuff. Hope to see some after pictures. Oh and I laughed at this too "Oxyclean has betrayed me and we are no longer on speaking terms." Well I laughed (quietly to myself) over the whole thing but had to point out my favorite parts. And now I'm 'posting' in your comments...
    Ranjani Ravi said...
    God!How this blog makes me want to cry!It's wonderful and i have no words to tell how fabulous your family is.Your kids look all angelic and cute.I am bookmarking this post,christine!thanks for sharing this
    BigBirdFan said...
    You Did better than I would have done. I would of taken her favorite toy and smashed it on the ground and said you destroyed something of mommy's now i destroy something of yours.

    I would then of poured myself a glass of wine drink it and smashed the glass in the fireplace to let out my anger.

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.