So then after my afternoon of baking and preparing for Christmas Dinner, we got down to business! The kids did their best to wait patiently since *I* was instructed to go first :-D
And now every time we get out the camera Terrible Two becomes somewhat camera shy. What ever she's holding in her hand at the time becomes the focus, she just shoves it in the camera and screams "DOOOORA!" in this case, it was cute the first time ... kinda ...
So my gift was the biggest gift, it covered up the fireplace! So DH got the camera set and ready and I opened the FIRST box ... and as you might guess ... inside there was ANOTHER box ... and then ANOTHER and ANOTHER and AAAAANOTHER and so on until I got down to a very small box. Inside the small box was a bag ... inside the bag was ...
Our family's first video camera! I was SO SUPRISED! And to really put it over the edge, he told me that he had tested out the camera. After making sure what I was about to watch was G-rated, I watched his funny, sweet, cute message about why he got the camera and everything I could do with it! At the end he talked about our kids and well ... basically I teared up like a little girl ... as you can see.
So we pressed on with the rest of the gifts and each kid found their fav and then got bored and found another ... and another ... and QUICKLY my living room looked like Toys R Us threw up in it.
They looked so cute in their outfits! They played and played and played and my house got crazier and crazier! And there was still dinner, getting Santa's cookies ready, spreading our the raindeer chow, and bed time! Not to mention waiting for the kids to FINALLY fall asleep so Santa could come, helping Santa set up and fill stockings, and then hauling our EXHAUSTED bodies up the stairs to bed. But I have pictures for all that so tune in tomorrow :-D
Labels: My Family, My Holidays, My PICTURES
1 Comment:
-
- Rebecca said...
December 26, 2007 at 8:07 AM"and QUICKLY my living room looked like Toys R Us threw up in it." LOL that is a *perfect* way to describe it. So funny. I'm excited for you and your new video camera - what a great gift and a huge surprise I'm sure! :D Glad you had such a Merry Christmas and I look forward to hearing about more. Oh & I want pictures of the food - trifle esp. :D