I am a sap. Just so ya know. As if you didn't. But to further prove my point, I love Christmas music :-D It makes me HAPPY! I love that there are radio stations playing it non stop, and my cable has a music station for it too! So instead of listening to the Backyardigans theme song for the 34,563th time today I can listen to Frank Sinatra singin Jingle Bell ROCK baby! And I most times of the year I would rather stick a fork in my eye than listen to Mariah Carey, but nobody gets my booty shakin quite like her All I Want For Christmas song :-D Theeeeere's a visual for ya ;-)
AAAAAAnywho ~ so today started off earlier than usual. I was up LATE last night, until about 1:00 when DH left to hunt. Round 4:30 the baby starts SCREAMING. Princess of course can't sleep so she gets up and comes out to tell me the baby's crying.
As if I couldn't hear her.
I tried y'all, I really did. I tried to stand my ground. I brought Princess into my room to sleep so I could let the baby cry it out ... an hour later ... we were watching Sesame Street ... sigh. But the rest of the house was asleep ... it's amazing what we mother's will do for our families. So later that morning after all were awake and fed I turned off the cartoons, turned on the music and things started lookin up! The kids were playing ... QUIETLY ... I was able to get things done and still be on my computer and there wasn't chaos! Perhaps Christmas music has a calming affect on them as well! DH called and said he was on his way home so I got all the kids bathed and fed lunch so we were ready when he got home.
We had a date with Santa :-D
The sales office in our little community here was having a Holiday Party of sorts. They turned one of the models into Santa's workshop! And they were taking FREEEEEE PICTURES!!!!!
I think they came out quite nice! They took polaroids and then I *of course* brought my camera ;-) I was hoping to get a picture to send out with our Christmas cards! Which one do you think?
After the pictures, Santa asked each of the kids their names and what they wanted for Christmas ...
Boss - an Ipod - NO suprise there
Terrible Two - TOTAL SILENCE - again NO suprise
Princess - a kite - WHA?
LittleMan - an Ipod - HA! oh you silly little man
We then retired to Mrs. Clauses Bake Shop and they assortment of cookies, mini cupcakes and mini CHEESECAKE BITES! We grabbed a cup of cider or hot coco, said bye and thanks to santa and his elves and were on our way back home.
Where I then subjected them to RELENTLESS HOURS OF TORTURE! Mwa ha ha HAAAAA ...
Also known as "oklookatMOMMYnoturnyourheadTHATwaynoooooTHATwaynowsmileNOaREALsmileOKtryagainandagain...andagain"
you know what I'm talking about ;-)
But LOOK at what I turned out!!!!!!
I did further back shots and then close ups too. I LOVE the close ups :-D




Don't worry, I WILL be getting pics of DH in the hat ;-) He was unshaven and EXTREMELY tired and hurty ... I had to promise all kinds of naughtiness just to GET him out of the tub and over there today! So maybe tomorrow, I'll wrestle him to the ground, staple the hat to his head and get a good pic or two out of him ;-)
After all this holiday cheer, everything went just crazy, as it tends to do when there are 4 restless kids RUNNING around this place. We're settling in now though, watching The Santa Claus ... I love that movie :-D
SAP!
Ok then, thanks for coming by! Til tomorrow!
Labels: My Family, My Holidays, My PICTURES
2 Comments:
-
- Rebecca said...
December 2, 2007 at 8:55 PMThe pictures look great!! I love the close ups too & the ones with terrible two playing with the hat are adorable! I think you should send out the group shot, even though hubby's not wearing red - you're wearing red & white so it works. Sounds like you guys had a fun day! I hope you get more sleep tonight!- penguinsandladybugs said...
December 3, 2007 at 9:13 AMBeautiful pictures!!! I have so been there with the children sleeping through the night. My daughter is 10 and I really thought she'd be sleeping with me until she was 26. BUT, I did the Floppy Sleep Game (a book)this year and it worked like a charm. When she's a little bit older (not sure how old she should be, it might work now), if you are still struggling....you might give it a try!